Health Ministry confirms 2,764 more Covid-19 cases
The Saigon Times
|A medical worker sprays disinfectant over an area in Hanoi. The Ministry of Health reported 2,762 fresh cases of Covid-19 this morning, July 27, up 58 cases versus yesterday morning – PHOTO: VNA|
HCMC – The Ministry of Health reported 2,762 fresh cases of Covid-19 this morning, July 27, up 58 cases versus yesterday morning. The new infections included two imported cases and 2,762 domestic cases in 21 provinces and cities across Vietnam.
Of the new locally-infected cases, 2,224 were detected in quarantine centers or areas under lockdown, while the source of transmission of the remaining cases remained unknown.
The country's current biggest coronavirus hotspot of HCMC reported 1,849 cases. Three southern provinces of Dong Thap, Tay Ninh, and Dong Nai recorded 149, 144, 119 cases, respectively, while 17 other localities accounted for the rest.
During the latest wave since April 27, the country's domestic infection tally has reached 105,287 cases, with 62 out of 63 provinces and cities being hit by the virus.
Yesterday, the provincial Department of Health in Tay Ninh sent an urgent announcement to public medical facilities in the province, asking them to be ready for Covid-19 treatment. This southern province has so far reported 938 infections.
In related news, Tran Viet Thuong, chairman of Can Tho City's government, has issued a decision to establish the Covid-19 Field Hospital No.2 in the city's Ninh Kieu District, with 800 beds.
The hospital will include two zones, with Zone A located at the Can Tho Investment – Trade Promotion & Exhibition Fair Center with 600 beds and Zone B at the Can Tho City Stadium with 200 beds.
This hospital will receive, triage, and treat moderately- and mildly-ill coronavirus patients in this Mekong Delta city.
Earlier, the city had set up four Covid-19 field hospitals in the four districts of Binh Thuy, Cai Rang, Thoi Lai, and Co Do.
Further, the city is set to open additional field hospitals in the districts of Phong Dien and Thot Not.
According to the municipal Department of Health, Can Tho recorded 688 domestic infections from July 8 to 25, including two recoveries and two deaths.
- 2 unvaccinated American children in Costa Rica test positive for measles, health ministry confirms
- Congo Ebola epidemic exceeds 1,000 cases, according to Health Ministry
- Health officials: Confirmed measles cases at 39 in Michigan
- Health officials: Confirmed measles cases at 34 in Michigan
- Michigan officials confirm travel-related measles case
- Health Ministry aims to design system fit for the future
- Massachusetts confirms year's first case of measles
- Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo tops 1,000 cases
- More than 1,000 Ebola cases reported in outbreak
- Health officials raging over measles fueled by anti-vaxxers
- Amid chaos in Venezuela, infant deaths, malaria cases skyrocket
- With 404 cases, Washington mumps outbreak continues to grow
- New Oregon measles cases confirmed
- Washington measles outbreak soars to 48 cases while other states grapple with the disease
- 2 new confirmed measles cases in southwest Washington
- Number of flu cases spiked across Alaska last month
- HIV cluster confirmed in West Virginia county
- Officials: Temple mumps outbreak swells to 67 likely cases
- Cases of scabies reported at W.Va. school
- EBOLA CRISIS: Outbreaks hit 1,000 cases as 600 killed - medical centres ATTACKED
Health Ministry confirms 2,764 more Covid-19 cases have 496 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at July 27, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.