Among 36,700 patients under treatment, 875 severe patients who are spending days on ventilators and 19 patients at increased risk of severe illness from Covid-19 received extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) support. 381 gravely-ill Covid-19 patients have been recovered at the HCMC Intensive Care Hospital.
The city established the Covid-19 Testing Operation Center and 2,200 mobile teams for collecting samples; 13 city-level quarantine facilities, 345 district-level isolation areas, 194 hotels to serve as paid quarantine facilities.
Around 12,380 people are undergoing centralized quarantine while 37,800 persons are isolating at home.
The city set up special mission teams for hospital transfer of severe patients and mobilized four private hospitals offering 375 beds to join the Covid-19 treatment.
As of present, more than 390,000 people have been vaccinated in the fifth phase of HCMC's Covid-19 vaccination program that began on July 22. The event will run in two weeks. So far, a total bumber of 1.3 million shots have been given.
The municipal authorities have organized 2,833 selling sites of essential commodities, 1,000 mobile sales points, 1,000 locations selling products of supply chains, 24 Zero-VND markets and supplement the hotlines 1022 to support the residents.
Around 496,000 people of the priority groups impacted by the pandemic have received financial aid from a Covid-19 support package worth VND572 billion (US$24.9 million). Localities throughout the country handed over 334 billion (US$16.4 million) to support HCMC in the fight against Covid-19.
The tighter Covid-19 measures, including the Directives 15 and 16, and the ban on going out after 6 pm starting on July 26 help reduce the growth level of infected cases to 1.5 times a day instead of six times a day in the previous days.
Regarding to the coming measures, Chairman of the City People's Committee Nguyen Thanh Phong affirmed that the city will carry out all methods to ensure the strict implementation of tighter Covid-19 measures, enhance the inspection and serious fines for violations, shorten the duration of treatment for F0 cases, arrange the healthcare forces and reduce Covid-19 deaths, and operate effectively the emergency center 115 to ensure ontime medical transportation.
The city has also ensured the supply of essential goods during the pandemic, gradually reopened traditional markets under strict safety measures, expanded protected blue zones and called on residents to participate in charitable activities to support needy people.
He noted that the city will simply the process of vaccination and expand immunization schedule.
Addressing at the working session, Minister of Health Nguyen Thanh Long highly appreciated the city's implementation of social distancing measures and Covid-19 treatment for severe patients, and the support of the healthcare forces and volunteers from univeristies in the battle against virus.
Deputy Minister of Labor, Invalids and Social Affairs, Nguyen Van Hoi said that 98 percent of needy people have received the Covid-19 aid package worth VND900 billion (US$39.2 million).
By Manh Hoa, Mai Hoa – Translated by Kim Khanh
- Trump says he's not extending social distancing guidelines
- Trump says he won’t extend social distancing guidelines, hopes to hold mass campaign rallies
- Trump says he won’t extend social distancing guidelines
- Trump says he won’t extend Covid-19 social distancing guidelines
- Aviation administration renews plea to stop social distancing on aircraft
- Schools, colleges to ensure social distancing after reopening; HRD formulating guidelines
- HRD formulating safety guidelines for schools, colleges to ensure social distancing when they reopen
- Key coronavirus model doubles projected US deaths to 134,000 as social distancing fades
- Coronavirus: COVID-19 death toll climbs as Aussies ignore social distancing
- Outrage as NYC's Mayor de Blasio singles out Orthodox Jews for breaking social distancing when he and his wife traveled 11 non-essential miles to go for walk in Brooklyn and thousands gathered to watch the Blue Angels flyover
- Projected death toll spikes as Americans protest social distancing restrictions
- Cardiologist Targeted by Social Distancing Snitch for Attending Open Wisconsin Rally Pushes Back
- Coronavirus Australia: Queensland and Western Australia to lift some social distancing restrictions
- Fremantle investigating after trio dragged into social distancing storm
- Coronavirus US: Photos show Americans still don’t get social distancing
- Coronavirus | South Korea to relax social distancing rules further from May 6
- ‘Owners must ensure social distance’: Kejriwal warns after chaos at Delhi’s liquor shops
- Social-distance flying the new normal?
- UK scientist behind lockdown quits after breaking social distancing rules
- Trump says federal social distancing guidelines will be 'fading out'
HCMC may extend social distancing by another two weeks after August 1 have 973 words, post on www.sggpnews.org.vn at July 30, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.