HCMC expects to vaccinate 70% of adults against Covid by next month
By Minh Duy
|A man is vaccinated against Covid-19. HCMC expects to vaccinate 70% of residents aged 18 and above in the city against Covid-19 by August – PHOTO: TUYET HOANG|
HCMC – HCMC expects to vaccinate 70% of its residents aged 18 and above against Covid-19 by August, while the Ministry of Health has asked the city to accelerate the vaccination drive and committed to supporting it with personnel to reach its target.
The city currently has some 7.5 million adults. Some 22.23% of these people have received one shot.
According to an urgent dispatch on Covid vaccinations during the stay-at-home period that the Ministry of Health has sent to the city, the city was allowed to simplify the vaccination procedures.
The ministry asked HCMC to inoculate people aged from 18, prioritizing frontline medical workers, elderly people and those having underlying health conditions, and speed up the vaccination process.
The city should mobilize all the possible forces for vaccination, including both public and private clinics, and administer vaccines at fixed sites and mobile clinics.
Residents should be shown how to fill in the vaccination form and file pre-vaccination health declarations and announce vaccination time and place.
Those who are eligible for vaccination but have yet to receive the vaccine must be vaccinated at the earliest.
People who need medical precautions can now visit any vaccination site, instead of hospitals and medical centers as earlier regulated by the Ministry of Health.
In areas on lockdown, the local authorities must arrange fixed and mobile vaccination sites based on the number of residents.
Technology should be applied to manage and monitor the vaccination process.
The Ministry of Health stressed that HCMC must accelerate the vaccination process but still ensure safety. If the city faces a shortage of personnel, the ministry will mobilize medical workers to support the city.
The city should not limit the number of vaccinated people per day per site. Under the city’s current fifth vaccination drive, each site should give 120-200 shots at most one day.
It also asked the city to decide for how long people will need to be observed post-inoculation.
HCMC has been allocated more than three million Covid vaccine doses and has administered more than 1.3 million doses.
The city launched its fifth vaccination drive on July 22 with more than 930,000 doses. The drive is planned to last for two to three weeks.
The city is considering vaccinating 62,000 shippers in the city.
At a recent meeting between Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam, head of the national steering committee for Covid-19 infection prevention and control, Deputy Minister of Health Nguyen Truong Son said HCMC would receive at least five million vaccine doses by September.
- $66 a month for medicine and clothes. Adult care home residents say that’s not enough.
- Supreme Court Monthly Digest- March 2019
- Ramadan 2018 announcement – was there a new moon sighting in Saudi Arabia and will the holy month begin on Thursday?
- Modric returns for Spurs after nearly 4 months
- This year's flu vaccine is doing well, but fatality rates are high
- Preemie graduates from HCMC after 515-day hospital stay
- FDA approves HPV vaccine for people up to 45
- Measles outbreak in northwest US revives debate over vaccine laws
- The Big Number: Millions of flu vaccines will be offered this season
- Washington state limits exemptions for measles vaccine
- CONI plans swine flu vaccinations for Winter Games
- Italy plans swine flu vaccinations for Vancouver
- Zika Virus Complications Lead to Expected Government Partnership with Private Industry
- Pakistan Arrests Man for Spreading Polio Vaccine Myth That Sent 25K Children to Hospital
- Germany cabinet approves mandatory measles vaccination law
- Top Med Mag: No Vaccine-Autism Link
- California lawmakers OK bill requiring parents to vaccinate their children
- Public to weigh in on revised California vaccine bill
- Vaccines, guns, housing bills await California Legislature
- After Toddler Dies, Anti-Vaccination Parents Are Now on Trial
HCMC expects to vaccinate 70% of adults against Covid by next month have 626 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at July 30, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.