HCMC Covid-19 case number still goes up steeply as evening data released
The Saigon Times
|A medical worker is seen speaking to a resident in a quarantined area in Hanoi. Vietnam reported 5,149 new Covid-19 cases this evening, July 27, with all of them being domestic infections in 29 provinces and cities – PHOTO: VNA|
HCMC – Infections in HCMC continued to go up steeply to surpass the spike yesterday, as the Ministry of Health released new data this evening, July 27. The city recorded 4,469 cases out of the total 5,149 additional cases nationwide, sending the caseload in the country’s biggest hotspot to 6,318 for the day.
All of the new cases this evening were domestic infections in 29 provinces and cities, the Ministry of Health confirmed.
The Mekong Delta province of Dong Thap reported 154 cases, followed by Dong Nai with 120 cases, Long An with 75 cases, and Binh Duong with 79 cases. The remaining cases were recorded in 24 other localities nationwide.
With the latest cases, today's daily case count reached 7,913 cases. Apart from the overwhelming case count in HCMC at 6,318 cases, Dong Nai reported 239 cases and Binh Duong 166 cases. Of them, the source of transmission of 1,063 cases remained under investigation.
Meanwhile, 1,602 coronavirus patients were declared free of the disease and were discharged from hospital on the same day, sending the country's total recoveries to 22,946 cases.
In related news, at a Covid-19-related meeting today, the Standing Board of the Binh Duong Provincial Party Committee tasked the provincial government with issuing a dispatch banning people from going out from 6:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m. without an urgent or essential reason, reported Tuoi Tre newspaper.
The night movement restrictions are expected to take effect from tomorrow. The provincial Police Department and Military Command were asked to give the provincial government professional advice before issuing the dispatch.
As for operations of delivery staff, the departments of Industry and Trade, and Transport were also required to offer the authorities advice in issuing regulations on the operations of delivery staff and granting identification badges to vehicles that are allowed to operate during the social distancing period.
Also, the provincial government was told to set up a quick response team which comprises local police officials to handle reports of local residents and businesses during the pandemic. This team must have sufficient human resources, equipment and vehicles to effectively carry out its mission.
Further, the Standing Board of the provincial Party Committee ordered enhancing the capacity of Covid-19 field hospitals. More field hospitals will be set up, including a 3,000-bed unit at one campus of the Vietnamese – German University, a 5,000-bed facility at a workshop of Becamex IDC Corporation, and an 800-bed unit at the Binh Duong Provincial General Hospital.
In the current wave, Binh Duong has reported a total number of 8,909 cases through community transmission, making it the second largest Covid-19 hotspot in the country behind HCMC.
- Edited Transcript of ELGX earnings conference call or presentation 8-Aug-19 8:30pm GMT
- Edited Transcript of DELL earnings conference call or presentation 29-Aug-19 9:00pm GMT
- Immigration court backlog exceeds 1 million cases, data group says
- Does anyone really care about those monthly ‘market share’ numbers?
- Different alternatives for data storage
- Another Fed Rate Cut Is Expected After Weak Economic Data
- Children's advocacy organization releases annual report
- Galaxy X: Specs, price, rumored March release date for Samsung's foldable phone
- Moment anamorphic lens and photo case for Samsung Galaxy Note 9: Make cool movies with your phones
- Samsung foldable phone FAQ: 'Galaxy X' price, specs, release date
- Galaxy X: Everything we know about the price, specs, release date for Samsung's foldable phone
- Edited Transcript of FOLD earnings conference call or presentation 8-Aug-19 12:30pm GMT
- Edited Transcript of ROI.V earnings conference call or presentation 3-Sep-19 8:00pm GMT
- Edited Transcript of LNDC earnings conference call or presentation 2-Oct-19 3:00pm GMT
- Edited Transcript of FDS earnings conference call or presentation 26-Sep-19 3:00pm GMT
- Edited Transcript of CFR earnings conference call or presentation 25-Jul-19 3:00pm GMT
- VPN services 2018: The ultimate guide to protecting your data on the internet
- VPN services: The ultimate guide to protecting your data on the internet
- Edited Transcript of LW.N earnings conference call or presentation 2-Oct-19 2:00pm GMT
- Edited Transcript of PAYX earnings conference call or presentation 2-Oct-19 1:30pm GMT
HCMC Covid-19 case number still goes up steeply as evening data released have 685 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at July 27, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.