The result has marked the capital city’s quality of high school education.
Three Hanoi students pocketed gold medals at International Physics Olympiad 2021, according to the Education Quality Assurance Department under the Ministry of Education and Training (MoET).
Vietnamese students attending the International Physics Olympiad 2021. Photo: The Education Quality Assurance Department
The three gold medals were conferred to Nguyen Manh Quan and Tran Quang Vinh (Hanoi – Amsterdam Gifted High School), Trang Dao Cong Minh (National Science Gifted High School of the Hanoi National University). Notably, Quan received the APhO President's certificate of merit for recording the highest score at the event, making him the first Vietnamese student to earn the achievement.
The two silver medals were awarded to Nguyen Trong Thuan (from Lam Son Gifted High School, Thanh Hoa Province) and Bui Thanh Tan (from Phan Boi Chau Gifted High School, Nghe An Province), the department added.
Given these achievements, Vietnam came 7th among 78 countries and territories participating in the International Physics Olympiad 2021 hosted online by Lithuania.
In Vietnam, the online contest was held at the Hanoi National University of Education, which was carefully prepared and met all the requirements of the organizer.
"Amid the Covid-19 pandemic, the excellent result is more meaningful and reaffirms Vietnam's quality of high school education and shows the right direction in selecting and training gifted students,” said a representative from the Education Quality Assurance Department.
- Students Accused Of Gaining Weight To Skip Military Service
- This Woodland Hills student’s archery skills are right on target
- Golden Minerals Reports Improved Economics in Second PEA for Santa Maria Silver-Gold Project
- Gold Medalist Urges Replacement of Evansville Pool
- Challenge grows for U.S. to keep spinning gold in women’s basketball
- Olympic Gold Medalist Urges Replacement of Embarrassing Pool
- Sports Wouldn’t Be the Same Without International Players
- Hold onto your shopping bags: Amazon eyes 3,000 cashierless stores by 2021
- Columbus Student Claims Science Award for Governor’s STEM Team
- Flexible seating, pillows, bean bags: Schools seeing if flexible spaces help students do better
- Fear, Unknown Future for Nicaragua’s Student Protesters
- Poway Teachers Ousted for Relationships With Students Kept Working in Education
- Students at Berks Nature Preschool in Reading spend most of their time outdoors
- LADD’s ReelAbilities Film Fest Transforms and Expands into the Over-the-Rhine International Film Festival
- LADD's New Over-the-Rhine International Film Festival Has Roots in its Previous ReelAbilities Film Festival
- Neighbors: Palos Verdes student graduates from summer space academy
- Comfy classrooms: Suburban schools seeing if flexible spaces help students do better
- Ringing up the curtain: Inside the decade-long push to display the iconic Olympic symbol
- Whiz Kids 2017: Meet our talented standouts
- Don Peters, iconic Olympics coach, banned by U.S. Gymnastics
Hanoi students bag gold medals at International Physics Olympiad 2021 have 433 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at July 26, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.