Close cooperation between the authorities and the business community would help ensure the economic operation is unaffected by the pandemic.
Hanoi's authorities and the local business community have taken steps to avoid disruption of production chains during the fourth Covid-19 outbreak, seen as the most severe so far in the city and across the country.
|Production at Katolec Vietnam in Quang Minh Industrial Cluster, Hanoi. Photo: Pham Hung|
With over 100 employees and specialized in recycling waste paper, Miza company, located in Nguyen Khe Industrial Cluster (Dong Anh District), has taken steps to comply with Covid-19 countermeasures.
Head of Miza's Human Resources Department Nguyen Thi Van Nga told Ha Noi Moi (New Hanoi) Newspaper that right after the city's mayor announced a social distancing order on July 23, the company has drafted a specific plan to adapt to the situation.
"We set up a safe production plan with the "3-in-place" model, which means our 80 workers would work, eat and sleep at the factory. The office area was repurposed into bedrooms," Nga added.
"All preparation process has been completed within two days to ensure workers being comfortable with the new environment," she continued.
B.Braun Vietnam in Thanh Oai Industrial Cluster (Thanh Oai District) has also turned to the "3-in-place" model.
Nguyen Viet Hung, CFO of B.Braun Vietnam, said the company asked for authorization of Thanh Oai District's authorities to apply the model for the factory of 1,500 employees.
In addition to strict anti-Covid-19 measures, local companies suggested the city prioritize vaccination for workers in industrial parks to keep production on.
A report from the municipal Department of Industry and Trade said all companies operating in industrial parks and clusters in Hanoi have been active in dealing with Covid-19 risks.
To date, 140 firms have adopted models such as the "3-in-place" and "one road, two destinations" (a specific road is set to transport workers from home to a gathering place and then to the workplace); 571 using Covid-19 declaration system provided by the Department.
"Local enterprises have shown their efforts to pursue the twin goal that is to contain the pandemic and boost production at the same time," said Vice Chairman of the Hanoi People's Committee Nguyen Manh Quyen.
Drastic response from Hanoi's authorities
Vice Director of the Hanoi's Department of Industry and Trade Dam Tien Thang said under the current social distancing period, the Department has been keeping close contact with enterprises in preventing potential infection.
"A communication channel has been launched with a real-time update for enterprises to keep a record of the situation and support the authorities in the Covid-19 fight," Thang added, saying in return, firms can receive information from the city in a quick manner.
Deputy Head of the Hanoi Industrial and Export Processing Zones Authority (HIZA) Tran Anh Tuan added the agency has urged enterprises operating industrial parks to follow the "3-in-place" and "one road, two destinations" models while preparing backup plans in case factories are isolated.
In a recent meeting with the business community, Vice Chairman of the Hanoi People's Committee Nguyen Manh Quyen urged the authorities and enterprises to consider Covid-19 protection as the utmost priority to keep business running.
- 'Winter is coming', Indonesian leader warns amid economic gloom
- Listeria outbreak 2018 sees more frozen vegetables recalled
- Toyota has no plans to halt production after a 'no-deal' Brexit
- Pfizer says getting ready for Brexit will cost $100m
- Call for free parking to save Plymouth city centre
- Car industry demands 'no-deal' Brexit ruled out by EU and UK
- PM urged to back bid to bring huge car plant to Teesside
- Storm Ali: Woman dies after caravan blown off cliff in severe gales as man is killed by falling tree
- Family of girl who died after eating baguette condemn food labelling laws
- PM warned of revolt if she accepts Brussels 'poisoned cup' Brexit deal
- May 'irritated' by leadership speculation
- Edited Transcript of BA earnings conference call or presentation 24-Jul-19 2:30pm GMT
- BBC Devon & Cornwall Live: 13 September
- African swine fever: Everything you need to know
- What does a 'no deal Brexit' mean
- POLITICO London Playbook: Salmond leaps — May presser — Energy drinks ban
- Full text: Jeremy Corbyn’s Labour conference speech
- Read Jeremy Corbyn's radical speech to Labour Party Conference 2018 in full
- Alison Canavan's 100 simple ways to manage stress
- The ultimate guide to Hull's Bonus Arena
Hanoi stands ready to avoid disruption of production chains amid outbreak have 732 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at July 29, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.