At the meeting, the guest briefed the host on the functions and missions of the US Marine Corps forces in the Pacific region. He highly appreciated the positive outcomes of bilateral cooperation between US Marine Corps Pacific and the Vietnam Navy over the past time.
General D. Berger said that his visit this time aimed to seek approaches to expand the bilateral cooperation, and affirmed that he would spare no effort to deepen bilateral defense cooperation between the US and Vietnam in the future.
For his part, General Nam said that the bilateral defense cooperation between the two countries have seen a number of positive outcomes in line with the development of the Vietnam-US Comprehensive Partnership.
Over the past time, the two sides strengthened bilateral defense cooperation in exchange of delegations at all levels, personnel training, maritime security, humanitarian relief, UN peacekeeping operations and overcoming the aftermaths of war, on the basis of equality, mutual respect and for interests of each country as well as for peace, stability and development in the region.
The host hoped that General Berger, in his capacity as the chief of the US maritime forces in the Pacific region, would contribute positively to promoting Vietnam-US defense relations and cooperation.
Translated by Thu Nguyen
- Navy to expand breathalyzer tests to its sailors, Marine Corps plan to implement similar program
- Japanese troops to train with U.S. Marines and sailors on California beach
- Philpott: Personnel chiefs outline force issues
- Marine accused of desertion nearly 10 years ago back in U.S. custody
- Marine Corps League hosts Veterans Picnic
- Marines to remove 9,000 service members from Okinawa
- Two more Marines charged over corpse urination YouTube video
- Marine killed, 11 hurt in helicopter hard landing in North Carolina
- Fishkill Marine among the military crash victims
- Marine's World War II diary, bequeathed to his high-school sweetheart, found by her 70 years later
- Jennifer Griffin Exclusive: Steep Military Cuts Leave Marine Aircraft Grounded
- Profiles of 7 Marines killed in Nevada explosion
- 'Kelly File': Top Marine General Voices Rare Criticism Over Iraq
- Seaside Park Semper Five helps Marines
- WATCH: Enraged U.S. Marine pummels North Carolina cabbie senseless
- Frank E. Petersen Jr., first black Marine fighter pilot, flew 350 combat missions over Korea, Vietnam, dead at 83
- German shepherd Marine dog Lucca awarded veterinary charity’s animal military service medal
- 5 South Brunswick police officers receive promotions
- Delaware's adjutant general receives surprise promotion
- Petraeus and other ex-generals oppose bill to let mentally ill vets get guns
General Nam receives Commanding General of US Marine Corps Forces Pacific have 389 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at July 31, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.