Former Binh Duong Party secretary arrested
The Saigon Times
|Tran Van Nam – PHOTO: VNA|
HCMC – After being removed from all Party posts in the three latest tenures, Tran Van Nam, secretary of the Binh Duong Province Party Committee, was prosecuted and detained for his violations.
On July 27, Lieutenant General To An Xo, chief of the Ministry of Public Security's office, said Nam was arrested on charges of “violations in the use and management of public assets causing waste and losses" at the Binh Duong Production and Import-Export Corporation, aka Corporation 3-2, the local media reported.
The Ministry of Public Security's Investigative Police Agency has expanded an investigation into the case to take back the State assets.
Nam was found to have approved the application of the land use fee set out in 2006 for a land lot of Corporation 3-2 while the land lot was handed over in 2012. In addition, a 43-hectare land lot in the Tan Phu New Urban Area project and a 145-hectare land lot of a golf project under the management of Corporation 3-2 were transferred to a private firm without undergoing any bidding process as per regulations.
Nam must be held accountable for the violations committed by the standing board of the Binh Duong Party Committee in the 2015-2020 period.
While having served as provincial vice chairman, Nam signed decisions on land use fees, which violated regulations on land management, causing huge losses for the State.
He also failed to deploy a plan to use 43 hectares of land at Corporation 3-2, approved the illegal transfer of the Tan Phu project to a private firm and allowed Corporation 3-2 to illegally use 145 hectares of land for capital contribution to the Tan Thanh Company.
Although he was reelected as secretary of the Binh Duong Party Committee and a National Assembly deputy, the results were not recognized.
The case at Corporation 3-2, which is one of the three largest State-owned enterprises in Binh Duong, had earlier been put under the supervision of the Central Steering Committee for Anti-Corruption.
The Binh Duong Police Department prosecuted the case in December 2019 and transferred it to the Ministry of Public Security in September 2020.
To date, charges have been filed against 21 people for their alleged involvement in the case, including leaders of enterprises, provincial departments, agencies and the provincial government and Party Committee.
- Senior officials of Workers’ Party of Korea visit Hai Duong province
- Communist Party of Vietnam official pays working visit to China
- Party’s economic official receives IMF guest
- Transport Ministry’s Party committee confirmed to have committed serious violations
- SC seeks reply from Centre, J-K over Farooq's arrest
- Police will get powers to arrest travellers and seize caravans if they set up illegal campsites on private or public land
- Kerala: 2 CPM activists arrested under UAPA over pro-Maoist leaflets
- Violent clashes at Kashmir protest in UK, 2 arrested
- Jared Kushner 'greenlit' arrest of Jamal Khashoggi in phone call with Saudi Prince before dissident journalist was killed - and Turkey then used info to 'roll Trump on Syria'
- White House calls claim that Jared Kushner gave Saudi ruler permission to arrest Jamal Khashoggi before journalist was killed and dismembered 'false nonsense'
- BJP Clinches Haryana Alliance with JJP, Cedes Deputy CM Post to Dushyant Chautala’s Party
- World Reacts to Assange Arrest in UK: From Dark Moment for Freedom to 'No Hero'
- Cameroon opposition leader Maurice Kamto, MRC members arrested
- J&K says tourists can return from October 10, Mehbooba declines to meet party team
- Turkey: US pastor Andrew Brunson released from jail and put under house arrest
- PDP calls for immediate release of its head of security arrested in Kogi
- Tunisia attack: arrests announced as UK sends plane to repatriate victims
- CPI(M) rules out extending legal help to arrested youths
- Kerala Police arrest two CPI(M) workers for Maoist link
- PDP mocks Buhari’s Presidency over the arrest of Nasir Danu at UK airport
Former Binh Duong Party secretary arrested have 635 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at July 28, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.