FDI in Jan-Jul falls over 11%
The Saigon Times
|Two men work at a car assembly plant of Ford Vietnam – PHOTO: FLV|
HCMC – Vietnam attracted US$16.7 billion in foreign direct investment (FDI) from January to July 2021, falling over 11% compared with the same period last year, according to the Ministry of Planning and Investment.
This is the sharpest drop in FDI inflows since the fourth Covid-19 wave broke out in late April. Earlier, FDI fell 2.6% year-on-year in the first half of this year, after it edged up 0.8% in the first five months.
Data of the Foreign Investment Agency under the Ministry of Planning and Investment showed that among the total FDI of US$16.7 billion, US$10.13 billion came from 1,006 newly-registered projects, increasing 7% year-on-year.
Meanwhile, 561 existing projects added US$4.54 billion, falling 3.7% compared with the same period last year. Capital contribution and share purchases by foreign investors dropped 56% to some US$2 billion.
There were 86 countries and territories investing in Vietnam in January-July. Singapore was the biggest investor with nearly US$6 billion, followed by Japan with US$2.54 billion and South Korea with US$2.2 billion.
Foreign investors invested in 57 cities and provinces. The Mekong Delta province of Long An was the largest recipient of FDI with US$3.58 billion, followed by HCMC with US$1.8 billion. Binh Duong came third with US$1.33 billion.
- AAA: Gas prices in Michigan fall 11 cents
- China: Car sales fall 11.6 per cent, manufacturers feel the pinch
- Peoples profits fall -11% to £5.5m in "difficult market"
- Hey, Jan, Stop Hating on Curvy Black Women Just Because You Are Shaped Like a Box Chevy
- The meaning of 9/11's most controversial photo
- Fall River Mayor Jasiel Correia To Make Statement Amid Fraud Charges
- European sales fall 8%; no sign of rebound
- Welcome to Our Brief Fall Vacation From Superhero Movies
- The case for the 11 plus is overwhelming. But how long will it take to learn from the lessons of the past?
- Fall River Mayor Jasiel Correia Returns To Work Day After Arrest
- Phantom Gourmet: Fanatic Hot Dogs At Faneeks In Fall River
- A Cincinnati Police Officer Tased an 11-Year-Old Girl Accused of Shoplifting in the Back Because ... I Don't Even Know Anymore
- Fall River Mayor Jasiel Correia Arrested On Fraud Charges
- Fall River Officials Certify Signatures Calling To Remove Mayor Jasiel Correia
- Elderly Man Dead, Firefighter Injured After Fall River Fire
- 1 Person Dead After Fall River Fire
- Daily Archives: November 11, 2018
- Newspaper print ad revenue falls at DC Thomson but newsstand sales holding up 'comparatively well'
- Daily Archives: February 11, 2019
- Minister denies FDI enterprises fire employees exceeding 35 years of age
FDI in Jan-Jul falls over 11% have 405 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at July 28, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.