The first successful test of recreational space travel on July 11 has many people aiming for the prospect of “space tourism”. Before realising this “luxury” dream, visitors can experience “space tourism” without leaving Earth.
Fansipan peak is one of the rare destinations that help visitors get this experience.
After researching more than 28 million properties in more than 152,000 destinations worldwide, Booking.com has suggested five out-of-this-world destinations across the globe that will transport travellers into 'outer space' without ever leaving the Earth's surface to help prepare space wannabe travellers for when the time finally comes to book their trip to outer space.
Fansipan Mountain, known as the 'Rooftop of Indochina', is the highest peak in Vietnam and a great choice for your stargazing experience in Vietnam.
Far away from the hustle and bustle of city life, Fansipan is an incredible place where you can feel like you are in space without actually having to leave the planet. To reach the summit, you can choose to hike or trek which normally takes two to three days.
Alternatively, you can also ride up to the summit via cable car. Once you reach the towering top you'll be rewarded with an unbelievable sight of cloud-covered peaks stretching all the way to the horizon. When visiting, you can stay at Stone Paradise Homestay located near the Fansipan Legend Cable Car Station.
Treehotel – Harads, Sweden
For a unique stay off the ground, venture to Treehotel in Sweden, where a truly unique experience awaits. Space fanatics will feel very much at home in this accommodation, which takes the form of a spaceship nestled within Harads' forest.
Guests will be entertained with a galaxy of activities, no matter what season it is, from hiking and kayaking in the summer to snowmobiling and ice fishing in the winter.
Galaxy Pod Hostel – Reykjavik, Iceland
Experience your very own galactic getaway with a stay at the Galaxy Pod Hostel in Iceland with its futuristic-designed sleeping capsules.
This central and affordable hostel boasts a VR arcade, equipped with Google Earth VR, enabling guests to plan their next trip to explore the surrounding landmarks without having to leave the comfort of their pods.
Barceló Sants – Barcelona, Spain
Centrally situated above the Barcelona Sants train station, Barceló Sants is the perfect home away from home for space lovers, with its cosmic galaxy theme throughout the hotel.
During your stay, you can choose between two restaurants named after elements of the universe: Oxygen and Hydrogen, serving everything from healthy buffets to avant-garde cuisine. Then, after dinner, you can stop by the Orbital bar for a selection of out-of-this-world cocktails.
Sutherland, South Africa
Home to the largest single optical telescope in the southern hemisphere, and highly endorsed for stargazing by Booking.com travellers, Sutherland is the perfect spot for observing the night skies.
The Southern African Large Telescope (SALT), located at the South African Astronomical Observatory – Sutherland Observing Station, records distant stars, galaxies and quasars a billion times too faint to be seen with the naked eye. It also offers night tours for intrepid astrophysicists hoping to catch a glimpse of the cosmos above.
Situated in the Great Karoo in Sutherland, Perlman House is the perfect place to rest your head after a night of stargazing. The apartments boast a prime location for visiting the nearby observatory.
Known as the astronomy capital of Australia, Coonabarabran in Warrumbungle Shire is home to Siding Spring, the country's premier optical and infrared observatory. Nestled amongst the Warrumbungle Mountains, the observatory has several telescopes, including the world famous 3.9-meter Anglo-Australian Telescope, allowing guests to take a closer look at what will be awaiting them once in space.
When visiting, a stay at Barkala Farmstay is the perfect spot to sit on the veranda and look up at the dazzling night sky to take in the immense number of stars. This peaceful, rustic accommodation also features an outdoor pool and barbecue facilities.
Source: Nhan Dan
- Neo Scavenger "spiritual sequel" Ostranauts is now exploring space in early access
- Singapore Airlines plans 'no-destination' flights to satisfy flyers' itch: Report
- Space exploration is a bipartisan imperative that benefits all
- Meet HT Brunch’s newest columnist: the world’s best-known travel blogger, Jeremy Jauncey
- Meet OPTIMISM, the Perseverance rover's twin on Earth
- A gas found on Earth that signifies life has been detected in the clouds on Venus
- This asteroid is ejecting particles into space. A spacecraft may tell us why
- Take a tour inside Blue Origin’s crew capsule for space tourists
- “I love Sa Pa” – the second tourism stimulus program, was launched with many not-to-be-missed offers
- NASA will pay private space companies to mine Moon rocks for up to $300 a gram ahead of its 2024 Artemis lunar exploration mission
- What Comes After the International Space Station?
- SpaceX Dragon capsule berths with space station
- The moon landing still offers hope in a world ruled by tiny minds
- A NASA mission is about to capture carbon-rich dust from a former water world
- Nat Geo Unveils Slate With 9/11 Doc Series, ‘Explorer’ Reboot & Bobby Bones Travelogue; Renews ‘Gordon Ramsay: Unchartered’ & Pushes ‘Genius: Aretha’ To Fall
- ‘Getting Ready for the 22nd Century’: New US Space Force Recruitment Ad Channels Mr. Spock
- Eight nations sign NASA's 'Artemis Accords' principles for moon and space exploration
- Ubisoft VR space game AGOS looks awfully familiar, from Watch Dogs 2
- White House plan for moon mining wants people of Earth to join forces
- Ubisoft's VR game AGOS: A Game Of Space is out now
Fansipan: 1 of 5 out-of-this-world destinations to explore ‘space tourism’ without leaving Earth have 908 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at July 26, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.