The awards for outstanding Vietnamese students in France are presented annually, but the 2019 version has been delayed until recently due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The winners included Nguyen Minh Tuan majoring in Mathematics and Computer Science from the Ecole Polytechnique, who won the award for undergraduate students; Dinh Thi Lan Anh, a lecturer from Thai Binh University of Medicine and Pharmacy, who won the award for master’s degree holders and doctor-lecturers; and Hoang Van Thuan who won the award for graduate researchers.
On this occasion, the Embassy also presented certificates of merit to the award winners.
Speaking at the award ceremony, Vietnamese Ambassador to France Dinh Toan Thang expressed his hope that the excellent students studying in France will contribute to the development of Vietnam in the future.
The awards, first presented in 2009, are sponsored by the Embassy of Vietnam in France and receive warm response from the Vietnamese student community in France with a large number of applications sent from all across France. To date, more than 40 Vietnamese students and researchers have received those awards.
According to Nguyen Khanh Linh, President of the UEVF, the organization of the 2019 awards has received support from many agencies and individuals. The judging panel was comprised of prestigious professors, doctors, experts in France and scientists of AVSE Global. But due to the epidemic, the awards ceremony had to be postponed to this year, and in September the UEVF will announce the 2021 excellent Vietnamese student award.
- Feature: Vietnamese Kung Fu, traditional medicine master heals, strengthens people's hearts
- MSU receives $1.2 million for program that supports underrepresented students
- Robert Witzburg, MD, honored for physician excellence with Jerome Klein Award
- Professors from Oregon State University, University of Texas at Austin to be honored for excellence in semiconductor research
- Everything you need to know about the $250 Honor 6X
- SEMI Standards leaders honored at SEMICON West 2015
- Emmanuel Macron wants France to become a leader in AI and avoid ‘dystopia’
- David Wilber, M.D., receives Stritch School of Medicine's highest honor
- Black grad students at Harvard to hold own commencement ceremony
- Remember those we lost with 12 war movies honoring sacrifice and duty
- Discussing the emergent silliness and enduring excellence of Infocom with founder and gaming legend, Dave Lebling
- Mission accomplished? Macron shines in US, troubled at home
- Brigitte Macron Post State Visit: Melania Trump Is ‘Kind, Charming, Intelligent’
- Celebrating women in science
- Turnover of IT sector skyrocketed by over 1,000 times after 15 years
- The Great Chinese Experiment
- Space scientist, geologist Farouk El-Baz to receive 2018 Inamori Ethics Prize
- Her Story, The Witcher 3 top IGF, Game Developers Choice 2016 awards
- Wiley announces Partnership with Arizona State University to strengthen higher education outcomes in
- UC Berkeley, University of Minnesota professors recognized at annual SRC TECHCON Conference
Excellent Vietnamese students in France honored have 438 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at July 22, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.