Hanoi (VNA) – "Be Water", a film directed by Vietnamese-American Bao Nguyen, has been listed among the nominees for the 42nd Annual News & Documentary Emmy Awards .
This documentary will vie with four others, namely "Be Natural: The Untold Story of Alice Guy-Blaché", "John Lewis: Good Trouble", "Feels Good Man", and "The Last Ice".
Part of "30 for 30" – a series of documentary film airing on ESPN, "Be Water" profiles the life of martial arts legend Bruce Lee.
It premiered at the 2020 Sundance Film Festival of the US and then was screened in the Cannes Classics section of the Cannes Film Festival 2020. It has also competed at many other film festivals.
The Emmy Awards are bestowed annually by the US Academy of Television Arts & Sciences.
This year, the News & Documentary Emmy Awards will feature honorees in more than 60 categories and be live-streamed in two ceremonies on September 28 and 29./.
- Zendaya, 24, makes history as the youngest star to win an Outstanding Lead Actress Emmy Award: 'There is hope in the young people'
- Here are the 2020 Emmy Awards winners
- Kiwi cinematographer Baz Idoine wins early Emmy award for The Mandalorian
- Emmy ratings drop to an all-time low with 6.1M viewers even though Jimmy Kimmel and a mini Friends reunion kept the virtual show interesting
- What Will Win and What Should Win at the 2020 Emmys
- Emmys 2020: Which Indian will win?
- All the Winners From Night 5 of the Creative Arts Emmys
- Schitt's Creek star Daniel Levy tweets a montage of sister Sarah bursting with joy after each of his show's nine Emmy wins
- Thai TV shows take over Vietnamese small screens
- Neil Patrick Harris blunders with a JOKE after winner dedicates award to her son who committed suicide and then parades in his underwear
- Schitt's Creek's sixth and final season arrives early on Netflix... after the sitcom's historic night at Emmys
- How to Watch 'RBG,' the Ruth Bader Ginsburg Documentary
- Pride Of Britain Awards 2020: Kate Garraway is dubbed 'amazing' by the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge for her resilience amid husband Derek's COVID-19 battle... as Captain Sir Tom Moore melts hearts while being awarded his honour
- DGA Awards: Sam Mendes Wins Best Director For ‘1917’; HBO Scores Four Wins To Top TV Side – The Complete Winners List
- The 20 best Hulu originals
- Kenny Loggins Receiving Career Achievement Honor From Hollywood Music In Media Awards
- European Film Award Nominations: ‘Another Round’, ‘Corpus Christi’, ‘Martin Eden’ Lead The Way
- New Directors/New Films Fest To Unspool Dec. 9-20 In Virtual Version
- A million miles away from Grimsby! Isla Fisher and Sacha Baron Cohen cut stylish figures at the 88th Annual Academy Awards
- The 50 Best Music Documentaries of All Time
Documentary by Vietnamese-origin director nominated for Emmy Awards have 444 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at July 30, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.