HÀ NỘI — Đà Nẵng on Thursday started administering Moderna COVID-19 vaccines for 16,800 people, mostly high-risks people in locked down areas or essential service workers, in the phase of allocation between July 29 and August 5.
The workers include essential service workers (telecom, gas and petrol, transport, pharma), those working in quarantine facilities or locked down areas such as waste collectors and transporters.
Tiên Sơn Sport Centre and Đà Nẵng Oncology Hospital are the two locations used for the vaccination drive. Đà Nẵng Hospital has also prepared two vaccination rooms to be used for people who have health issues or allergies that need to be monitored for reactions after receiving the shot.
Ngô Thị Kim Yến, Director of Đà Nẵng's health department, said the health ministry gave Đà Nẵng 33,600 doses of Moderna as part of the donation by the US Government in the latest distribution plan, which will be used for 16,800 people.
Yến said that with stable vaccine supply, the city could administer up to 20,000 doses a day, which means the central city could vaccinate 95 per cent of all eligible people within 2-3 months.
The second jab will be administered between August 28 and September 6.
Đà Nẵng has also administered the first shot of Pfizer for 1,170 people, mostly those over 65 years old or with chronic health conditions. — VNS
- How to feed the hungry, protect health professionals, aid refugees and support service workers during the pandemic
- Revealed: The list of high-risk workers that could cause a second wave of COVID-19 if they don't get tested now – so is your jobplace safe?
- Hanoi bans non-essential services from early morning opening
- Doctors plea to give high-risk ethnic minority health workers PPE at all times amid alarming Covid-19 death rates among black and Asian NHS staff
- Stillbirths fear as high-risk pregnancies are missed amid coronavirus pandemic, experts warn
- Swab collection a high risk job, says COVID-19 doctor
- Hà Nội bans non-essential services from early morning opening
- Honda is making financial service workers go into the office during the pandemic
- COVID-19 swab collection a high risk job, says doctor
- The SAGE files: 'Traffic light' system for easing lockdown could see high-risk activities like going to the pub classed as 'red' while picnics are 'green' - as ministers say they ARE considering loosening rules for going outdoors
- In quest for vaccine, US makes 'big bet' on company with unproven technology
- Coronavirus update: Scott Morrison announces strict new quarantine rules, new cases decline for second day, US overtakes China's tally
- Coronavirus fallout: 5 million children missed vaccination in March
- Scientists expect coronavirus vaccine breakthrough by summer with Brits at front of queue for 100million jabs
- Can your boss cut your pay? Can two people travel in a car? And who is REALLY an essential worker? Your coronavirus questions answered
- 'They were NOT just numbers': GMB viewers are moved to tears as Susanna Reid and Piers Morgan read out names of healthcare workers killed by Covid
- Britain falls silent for NHS heroes: Boris Johnson leads one minute tribute to health service staff and key workers killed by coronavirus
- Migrant workers shunted from PMC facilities to Sassoon for medical certificates
- What we owe essential workers
- Victory for NHS workers as parking charges are AXED at hospitals after outcry that doctors and nurses had to pay to fight coronavirus
Đà Nẵng gives Moderna vaccines to 17,000 essential service workers, high-risks quarantine staff have 579 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at July 29, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.