In an interview recently granted to the Vietnam News Agency in Havana, Sáez, who is also Vice Chairman of the Cuba – Vietnam Friendship Association, hailed the article as a helpful reference for countries on the way toward socialism as well as for theory research. It is also instrumental for Vietnam's future leaders to continue with the socialism path and goals set till 2045.
He said the article took practical approach with a contemporary mindset that is close to realities, combining the most reasonable and progressive factors in the current socialism thought.
According to him, Trong mentioned methods and achievements made by Vietnam after adopting socialism-oriented market economy model and conducting the renewal process. He added that Vietnam is reaching industrialization to achieve socialism aspiration.
After 35 years of renovation, Vietnam has dealt with food security issue, becoming one of the world's biggest rice and farm produce exporters. Industry and services have so far accounted for 85 percent of the country’s gross domestic product (GDP).
The most important is that the above changes have been made under the leadership of the Communist Party of Vietnam (CPV), a decisive factor for the success of the renewal process, the scholar said.
Sáez also added that one of the most outstanding achievements by the CPV is the fight against corruption in recent years, contributing to consolidating public trust on the Party.
In the article, Trong also outlined jobs that need to be done to look toward strategic social goals by 2045, including narrowing the gap between the rich and the poor; improving the quality of education, health care and other public services; developing culture and spiritual values; combating corruption, wastefulness and moral degradation among officials and Party members; and coping with "peaceful evolution" plots that sabotage socialism.
Sáez said the article also held international values when Trong pointed out that a nation could not grow unilaterally, but should stay active and proactive in global integration, carry out a foreign policy of independence, self-reliance, ensuring territorial integrity and not interfering in other countries' internal affairs, equality and mutual benefits.
- French Party official: Party chief’s article holds timeless values of President Ho Chi Minh’s Thought
- Party chief’s article outlines strategic orientations for Vietnam’s future: Canadian scholars
- Theoretical, practical issues on socialism and the path to socialism in Vietnam
- KPL chief values Vietnamese Party leader’s writing about socialism
- In China, Widening Discontent Among the Communist Party Faithful
- The Unanticipated Risks of Maximizing Shareholder Value
- Farooq and Omar Abdullah move HC for release of 16 NC leaders detained since August 5 last year: Party
- Mexican Political Family Has Close Ties to Ruling Party, and Homes in the U.S.
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES JUNE 30
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES JUNE 18
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES JULY 1
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES JULY 4
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES JULY 2
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES JUNE 27
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES JUNE 25
- The Next Decade Could Be Even Worse
- America Is Withstanding the Test of Trump. The Republican Congress Is Not.
- Private Businesses Built Modern China. Now the Government Is Pushing Back.
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES JUNE 26
- How Rishi Sunak, the 'Yorkshire Maharajah', can rejuvenate the UK after coronavirus
Cuban scholar underscores theoretical, practical values in Party chief’s article have 519 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at September 8, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.