Can Tho City General Hospital locked down as Covid infections found
The Saigon Times
|A panoramic view of the Can Tho City General Hospital, which was put under lockdown due to Covid-19 cases starting today, July 26 – PHOTO: LDO|
HCMC – The Can Tho City General Hospital has been put on lockdown from today, July 26, as it is linked to a number of new Covid-19 infections.
The city’s health authority will trace direct contacts of the confirmed cases and test those coming into close contact with the cases such as medical workers, patients, caregivers, security guards and employees of the parking lot at the hospital, Bnews reported.
Patients and caregivers must stay in place, file health declarations and follow anti-virus protocols. The local authorities have disinfected the affected areas of the hospital.
Medical workers who were on duty on July 24 and 25 took rapid tests. RT-PCR tests will be conducted on those who test positive to confirm whether they were infected with the disease or not. The heads of the affected departments were told to team up with the competent forces to trace contacts and quarantine the affected areas as soon as possible.
Earlier, the Center for Disease Control in this Mekong Delta city had announced a number of Covid cases detected at the hospital. Of them, one case was detected on July 24 and six others tested positive on July 25. These cases are medical workers at the hospital.
According to the municipal Department of Health, the city had reported 688 locally-infected cases as of 5 p.m. on July 25 in the latest outbreak. July 25 alone saw 150 new cases, up by 37 versus the previous day.
- AIDS researchers push for harm reduction to reduce HIV infection
- Hackers hold German hospital data hostage
- County expands effort to combat outbreak of HIV infections
- HRW: Mentally ill women in India 'locked up and abused'
- Denver Health among hospitals buying housing to host patients
- Washington idle as ransomware ravages cities big and small
- Team GB presenter Charlie Webster fighting for her life in Rio hospital after being struck down with rare strain of malaria
- Indian women in mental hospitals "treated worse than animals," says HRW
- 'Unprecedented destruction' of Kurdish city of Cizre
- What is Bird Flu, where are the outbreaks in Europe, how is it affecting UK farmers and can humans catch it?
- Parts of Massachusetts at high risk for mosquitoes carrying EEE
- The Broken System
- Girl, 10, ‘killed by a nurse who botched the insertion of a feeding tube’
- Austrian stigmas hurt early HIV prevention
- ‘MeToo Kit’ Headquartered in NYU Building Taken off Market
- Marginalized and stigmatized - China's transgender sex workers
- GM auto workers are going on strike: The Flyover
- Ballerina, aged just 17, dies after suffering blood clot ‘triggered by contraceptive’
- Chad tense as members of military 'disappear' before election results
- Transporting Ebola patients: The mobile isolator
Can Tho City General Hospital locked down as Covid infections found have 453 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at July 26, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.