Hanoi (VNS/VNA) – A collection of stamps showcasing Buddhist symbols and artefacts, including golden seals cast from Tran and Nguyen dynasty gold, will be issued by the Ministry of Information and Communications , in conjunction with the Vietnam Stamps Company , from July 31.
The stamp issue aims to introduce, honour and reaffirm the historical and cultural values of Vietnam, the makers have said.
The 4,000 VND stamp showcases the “Sac menh chi bao” seal which was used to confirm the orders, titles, and rewards of the king to the people; and the “Dai Viet Quoc Nguyen chua Vinh tran chi bao” seal belonging to Lord Nguyen of Dai Viet (Great Viet).
The 6,000 VND stamp features Ngoa Van – Yen Tu (the Pagoda in the clouds) gold box, and the 12,000 VND stamp shows the Nhan Thap (Swallow Tower) ornamental box.
The "Sac menh chi bao" golden seal was created in 1827 during the reign of King Minh Menh (1820-1841).
This seal was originally carved from wood during the reign of King Tran Thai Tong (1225-1258) and used to issue orders in the early days of the war against Yan-Mongol army that invaded the country for the first time in 1258.
The “Dai Viet Quoc Nguyen chua Vinh tran chi bao” seal, is the earliest golden seal in the history of the Nguyen dynasty. It is currently stored at the National Museum of History.
The seal was minted in 1709 during the reign of Lord Nguyen Phuc Chu (1691-1725) who expanded the country’s southern territory to the border of Chan Lap, establishing the Binh Thuan and Gia Dinh palaces.
The Ngoa Van – Yen Tu gold box, a valuable Buddhist relic from the Tran dynasty, is currently preserved at the provincial Quang Ninh Museum.
This treasure was discovered on the pilgrimage to Ngoa Van Pagoda, where Tran Nhan Tong became the Buddha.
The Nhan Thap relics box is currently on display at provincial Nghe An Museum and was created in the seventh century.
National treasures are artefacts representing historical epochs, and the life and culture, of various periods in Vietnam.
The stamps will have an expiration date of June 30, 2023./.
- Why are a donkey and an elephant the symbols of the Democratic and Republican Parties?
- New York Today: A Need for More Statues of Women
- Sri Lanka’s New Right-Wing Politics
- Stamp collection featuring Vietnam’s symbolic architectural heritage launched in France
- Our View: Don’t lose sight of food stamp cuts
- Destiny 2 update 220.127.116.11 patch notes: Everything in Shadowkeep and New Light download
- New Mars 2020 rover will be able to 'hear' the Red Planet
- New Year’s Eve: A Guide to Music and Comedy Events
- New Purple Heart Forever stamp honors sacrifice of military members
- Celebrate NASA's Apollo 11 mission 50th anniversary with new USPS stamps
- What it's like to live off the grid in the New Mexico county where the compound family was found
- Wrong Lady Liberty on stamp to cost US Postal Service $3.5M
- A New Illustrated Telling Of
- See the Japanese stroll garden at night, with new lights
- PUBG Mobile Lite v0.14.1 Update Brings Golden Woods Map in India , More; Amazon Prime Benefits Now Include PUBG Mobile Game Add-Ons
- Vegas Golden Knights 2019-20 season preview: Back to the Cup Final?
- Jio Phone Bookings Start & Features Revealed, iPhone 8's 3GB RAM, Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Price, and More: Your 360 Daily
- South Africa Vows to End Corruption. Are Its New Leaders Part of the Problem?
- The new women warriors: Reviving the fight for equal rights
- Gov't Needs New Approach to Resolve Papua Issue, Experts Say
Buddhist symbols, golden seals to feature on new stamp issue have 578 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at July 26, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.