Bac Giang takes lead in attracting manufacturing FDI
By Van Ly
|An industrial zone in Vietnam – PHOTO: APH|
HANOI – Bac Giang has received the highest amount of newly registered foreign direct investment (FDI) in the manufacturing sector this year with US$589 million, closely followed by Quang Ninh with US$569 million and Bac Ninh with US$222 million, according to a report of Savills Vietnam.
Despite a new outbreak of Covid-19 in Vietnam, new industrial zones have risen and key industrial projects have kickstarted their operations. Specifically, 2021 has witnessed new merger and acquisition (M&A) deals and improvement in industrial land supply, noted Savills Vietnam, which primarily provides property research and related services.
By June 20, the country attracted US$15.27 billion in total registered FDI. The manufacturing and processing sector attracted a total of US$6.97, accounting for 45% of total inflows, with 273 new projects registering US$3.09 billion and 286 existing projects raising capital by US$3.38 billion.
Observing the FDI breakdown, John Campbell, manager of Industrial Services at Savills Vietnam, noted that the North received the majority of newly registered manufacturing investments with US$1.97 billion, representing a 64% share. The South lured US$728 million (23%), while the Central region attracted US$395 million (13%).
"In terms of investors, the largest manufacturing projects in the first half of 2021 were from Jinko Solar and Fukang Technology from Hong Kong and Singapore investing US$498 million and US$270 million in Quang Ninh and Bac Giang, respectively," Campbell said.
Regarding M&A activities, 2021 witnessed new deals. Boustead Projects signed an agreement for the proposed acquisition of 49% interest in KTG & Boustead Industrial Logistics Joint Stock Company.
If successful, the partnership will consist of 13 real estate seed assets amounting to US$141 million in gross asset value, covering about 840,000 square meters of land area and some 550,000 square meters of gross leasable area.
ESR Cayman Limited, the largest Asia-Pacific-focused logistics real estate platform, and BW Industrial Development JSC, the leading logistics and industrial real estate developer and operator in Vietnam, have entered into a joint venture to develop 240,000 square meters at the My Phuoc 4 Industrial Park near HCMC.
The partnership marks ESR's entry into Vietnam, expanding the group's Asia-Pacific footprint in the high-growth Southeast Asia region.
Regarding new projects, Logos Property's 81,000-square-meter project in VSIP Bac Ninh 1 Logistics Park is expected to be launched in the fourth quarter of this year.
KCN Vietnam Group JSC, a new player in the market, acquired a significant land bank of 250 hectares with an investment of US$300 million. It aims to develop premium, sustainable factories and warehouses for rent in Vietnam with a national portfolio spanning across Dong Nai, Long An, Bac Giang, Haiphong and Hai Duong.
- FDI capital not easy to absorb
- An Giang sets five-year record in regional GDP growth
- Vietnam's aviation market attracts private firms
- Intel says manufacturing is sexy again
- The sometimes fatal attraction of video games
- Carbon’s new CEO discusses local manufacturing, funding and a potential IPO
- Macao varsity looks to lead higher education in western PRD
- Reporter's Take | Here's why car companies and dealers are offering massive discounts
- Taking Stock: Inflation spoils the party as profit booking hits D-St
- Singapore headphone firm ups investment
- Nghe An sets out vision for development
- Foreign direct investment and mature M&A boost investor confidence
- Govt working on suggestions to create Rs 5k cr stressed asset fund: Secretary MSME Arun Kumar Panda
- Budget impact: See more flows into pvt banks; like SBI, says UBS
- HCM City to host int’l pharmaceutical, health expo
- Climate Crisis | How to untangle the mixed signals on coal in India?
- RPT-ANALYSIS-Villains or visionaries? Hedge funds short companies they say 'greenwash'
- Villains or visionaries? Hedge funds short companies they say 'greenwash'
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 17
- Identifying apt locations for industrial property
Bac Giang takes lead in attracting manufacturing FDI have 609 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at July 28, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.