Hanoi (VNA) – Additional 2,967 new COVID-19 infections, including two imported cases, were recorded, from 7:30pm on July 21 to 6am on July 22, raising the national count to 71,144, according to the Ministry of Health .
The majority of new infections were found in Ho Chi Minh City , the current largest hotspot, with 2,433 cases.
It was followed by Long An with 233 cases, Binh Duong 64, Dong Nai 53 ca, Tien Giang 41 ca, Vinh Long 38, Ben Tre 28, Da Nang 27, An Giang 15, Kien Giang 10, Hau Giang and Binh Phuoc each five , Hai Phong and Can Tho each three, Hanoi, Son La and Quang Binh each two , and Hue one.
The number of cases reported since the fourth coronavirus wave hit the country late April reached 67,473, including 9,197 recoveries, raising the total recoveries to 11,971.
So far, nine out of 61 localities have spent at least 14 days without any new cases, including Yen Bai, Quang Tri, Tuyen Quang, Thai Nguyen, Dien Bien, Hai Duong, Quang Ninh, Hoa Binh and Bac Kan.
On July 21, 31,220 more people received COVID-19 vaccine shots, bringing the total doses administered in the country to 4.367,939 million. A total of 324,955 people have been fully vaccinated with two jabs.
VABIOTECH, one of Vietnam's leading pharmaceutical companies, and the Russian Direct Investment Fund (RDIF) on July 21 announced the production of a test batch of the Russian Sputnik V vaccine against the coronavirus in Vietnam.
Licenced in Vietnam on March 23, 2021, Sputnik V vaccine has been allowed in 68 countries across the world with high level of safety and efficacy./.
- Cuba Gooding Jr. faces ‘additional incident’ charge in groping case
- More than two stalking and harassment cases reported every day in Burnley
- July 22-28: Nation pays tribute to national contributors, martyrs
- What happened on 22 July 2011 in Oslo and Utoya during the 2011 Norway attacks and where is Anders Breivik now?
- What happened on 22 July 2011 in Oslo and Utoya during the Norway attacks and where is killer Anders Breivik now?
- 19-year-old dies after inhaling deodorant to get high
- I’m A Celebrity’s Noel Edmonds branded Holly Willoughby ‘aggressive, disrespectful and dishonest’ after epic This Morning row
- Home Office failed to act on warning signs of Windrush failings, scathing report finds
- Edited Transcript of FARM earnings conference call or presentation 10-Sep-19 9:00pm GMT
- WRC cases: Trying to solve problems in the workplace easier said than done
- Edited Transcript of ACRS earnings conference call or presentation 8-Aug-19 9:00pm GMT
- The Clinton Affair: Monica Lewinsky has a new perspective 20 years on
- Edited Transcript of FOSL earnings conference call or presentation 7-Aug-19 9:00pm GMT
- Spy watchdog urges businesses to boycott social media firms until they crack down on terror, report says
- Issewal gang-rape case adjourned to Oct 19
- Yerevan elections marked by free journalistic activity, report says
- Reports of theft jump 22% in Barcelona but fall in other major Spanish cities
- 'The new RHI'
- Judge agrees to seal motion in case of Nia Wilson’s alleged BART killer
- Sexually Transmitted Disease Cases Rise to Record High, C.D.C. Says
Additional 2,967 new COVID-19 cases reported on July 22 morning have 478 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at July 22, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.