HÀ NỘI — AstraZeneca has delivered an additional 659,900 COVID-19 vaccines doses to HCM City.
This is the sixth shipment of a deal for 30 million doses signed between AstraZeneca Vietnam and the Việt Nam Vaccine Joint Stock Company (VNVC) with support from the Ministry of Health.
After the first shipment in February, nearly 3.8 million doses have been delivered.
This accounts for 41 per cent of the AstraZeneca vaccine volume Việt Nam has received, with the remainder coming from the COVAX Facility or donated by other countries.
Nguyễn Nam Liên, Head of the Planning and Finance Department under the Health Ministry said that during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic in Việt Nam, vaccines played an important role in prevention and control of the spread of the virus.
Việt Nam was thankful and appreciated the efforts of AstraZeneca, VNVC and other parties to increase the speed of vaccine supply to Việt Nam, he said.
This month, four shipments of AstraZeneca vaccines were received by Việt Nam.
The fifth shipment on July 23 was the largest with 1,228,500 doses.
AstraZeneca was the first vaccine to receive authorisation for emergency use in Việt Nam.
Việt Nam has so far received about 15 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines with 10,994,600 from donations and nearly 3.8 million doses from purchase orders.
Of the donated vaccines, 2.5 million doses of AstraZeneca were from the COVAX Facility, 5 million were Moderna vaccines from US, 500,000 were Sinopharm from China, 2,000 were Sputnik-V from Russia, and 3 million AstraZeneca doses came from Japan.
5,321,839 doses have been administered in Việt Nam to date, with 496,630 people having received the full two doses. — VNS
- HCM City keeps eye on facilities, says will not allow number of COVID-19 cases to rise beyond 300
- HCM City projects to receive 17,000 from high-risk areas
- HCM City uses hotels in Cần Giờ as quarantine areas
- HCM City strives to keep number of COVID-19 cases within 300
- Three new cases for novel coronavirus come from HCM City
- Coronavirus: German, US companies sign deal to develop vaccine
- Hanoi chairman dismisses rumours of city lockdown
- Donald Trump 'offers to pay German company creating experimental coronavirus vaccine to move to the US and make it exclusively for Americans'
- False claim: Coronavirus vaccine approved in Israel, set for mass production and distribution
- Coronavirus vaccine trials begin today: US government official
- Starting today: Trial of Covid-19 vaccine in the US
- U.S. Begins First Trial of Coronavirus Vaccine Developed in Record Time
- Kaiser Begins First Round Of Tests On Coronavirus Vaccine
- Coronavirus pandemic: 5,000 volunteers sign up for COVID-19 vaccine trial in Wuhan
- Russia starts testing coronavirus vaccine prototypes on animals
- Meet the company that has just begun testing a coronavirus vaccine in the United States
- Testing of Coronavirus 'Cure' Set to Start in Australia in Weeks, First Participant in U.S. Vaccine Trial Due to Get First Dose Today
- First participant in US coronavirus vaccine trial to be given dose
- Coronavirus Vaccine Trial In U.S. Begins
- Potential coronavirus vaccine trial set to start on Monday: AP
659,900 more AstraZeneca vaccines doses arrive in HCM City have 526 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at July 29, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.