The city's planning and investment department said the golf course will cover 22ha in Ngu Hanh Son district with an estimated investment of 1.168 trillion VND (50.8 million USD).
It said the golf and tourism project will include 500-room, four-star hotels and villas, a tourism village and entertainment centres.
The department said the project would add to the booming golf resorts and tourism projects that will be developed along 30km of pristine beach from Da Nang to Hoi An in the coming decades.
The 50 million USD project would make part of a series of golf and real estate projects VinaCapital has built along the coast.
The group has developed a chain of beach resorts such as the Dunes, the Ocean Villas, Norman Estates and the Dune Residence in Ngu Hanh Son district since late 2009.
The city said VinaCapital has invested 200 million USD in beach resorts, golf courses and apartment complexes in Da Nang.
At a conference in the city last year, seven golf course in central Vietnam agreed to join together to form a new golf-specific marketing group – the Vietnam Golf Coast – extending from Da Nang to the foothills of Hue and shores of Hoi An.
Da Nang alone earned 68 million USD per year from golf tourism, and the city expects to increase the figure to 186 million USD in the coming years when more golf courses open.
According to the International Association of Golf Tour Operators, 169 golf tourism companies operating in Asia plan to expand into Vietnam.
The International Association of Golf Tour Operators in cooperation with Da Nang's Tourism department has built a strategy to develop golf tourism for Da Nang in 2017-22.
Da Nang and neighbouring provinces of Quang Nam and Thua Thien-Hue are popular tourism sites in central Vietnam, with beautiful golf courses designed by Nick Faldo, Greg Norman, Collin Montgomerie and Luke Donald./.
- Da Nang woos hi-tech investment from RoK firms
- Da Nang to build disabled-friendly entrances to beaches
- Da Nang welcomes first tourist group in over two months
- Korean investors seek opportunities in Da Nang IT Park
- Da Nang draws two scenarios for future tourism development
- Endangered migratory bird species found in Da Nang
- Da Nang accelerates preparation for APEC IN 2017
- UNFPA earmarks additional 800,000 USD for flood-affected women, girls
- Million-dollar online gambling ring cracked, 11 arrested
- Banyan Tree Lang Co named Best Luxury Golf Resort in Asia
- Da Lat’s first opera house opens
- Inside the exclusive Mexican golf club where Pia Miller and fiancé Patrick Whitesell are celebrating their engagement - with stunning beach views and a hefty $60 million price tag
- Peter Alliss was golf’s Mr Marmite – loved and loathed despite his place as an undoubted icon of the game he adored
- Gavin Newsom’s 3-Week Stay-at-Home Order Will Affect Millions in California
- Gavin Newsom’s 3-Week Stay-at-Home Order Will Affect Millions of Californians
- China has promised millions of coronavirus vaccines to countries globally. And it is ready to deliver them
- Golf legend Greg Norman, 65, finds the public's reaction to his jaw-dropping beach photo 'amusing'
- Golf legend Greg Norman, 65, sends fans wild as they notice a VERY naughty detail in his shirtless beach photo - so did you spot it?
- India’s weapon procurement from US jumped to USD 3.4 billion in 2020
- There goes the neighbourhood: Inside the squalid 'hoarder's party home' just moments from famous Bondi Beach - which was rented for just $200 a week
50-million USD beach golf course to be built in Da Nang have 602 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at September 5, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.