4,560 new domestic Covid-19 cases reported
The Saigon Times
|Medical workers take samples from residents in Hanoi City for Covid-19 testing. The Ministry of Health this evening, July 31 reported 4,564 fresh Covid-19 cases, including four imported cases and 4,560 domestic ones in 35 provinces and cities – PHOTO: VNA|
HCMC – The Ministry of Health reported 4,564 fresh Covid-19 cases, including four imported cases and 4,560 domestic ones in 35 provinces and cities, this evening, July 31, taking the day's total number of infections to 8,624.
Among the locally-infected cases, HCMC accounted for the most at 1,677, taking the city's case number today to 4,180. The city's caseload in the ongoing Covid-19 wave has surpassed 90,000.
Binh Duong came second with 1,207 fresh cases, sending its daily spike to 2,075 infections, followed by Long An with 544, Khanh Hoa with 335, Dong Nai with 234 and Dong Thap with 115. The remaining cases were reported in 29 other provinces and cities.
Vietnam has to date reported 145,686 Covid-19 cases, with 141,877 domestic infections having been detected since the current fourth wave of Covid-19 began in late April. Some 36,000 Covid-19 patients have recovered from the disease in the current wave.
Due to raging Covid-19, the prime minister has issued a telegram ordering 19 southern provinces and cities to continue applying the stay-at-home order in line with Directive 16 for two more weeks and tighten control over residents' travel.
Under the order, the provinces and cities must intensify the enforcement of the shelter-in-place order. Residents are banned from leaving their home, except for special cases, from August 1 until the social distancing period ends.
In addition, the Ministry of Public Security was tasked with directing the provincial and municipal police departments to work with the governments of localities to take home their residents from virus-hit areas in a safe manner.
In related news, over 2,800 Covid-19 patients were discharged from hospitals in HCMC on July 30, taking the city's total recoveries to 31,146, the HCMC Center for Disease Control said today.
The municipal center also said that the city detected three more chains of Covid-19 infection in districts 4, 5 and 10 on July 30, while closely monitoring 27 other chains.
HCMC took delivery of one million out of five million doses of the Vero Cell Covid-19 vaccine produced by Sinopharm today, said the Health Ministry.
This is the first shipment the Chinese drugmaker has sent to HCMC under a contract with Saigon Pharmaceutical Company (Sapharco).
Sapharco had earlier signed a deal with Sinopharm to import five million doses of the vaccine under the HCMC government's authorization, the local media reported.
Elsewhere, Danang City began the citywide social distancing order under the intense Directive 16 from 6.00 p.m. today until further notice as the number of Covid-19 cases in the city is rising. The city reported 55 new cases today.
Accordingly, residents are banned from going out, except for urgent or essential purposes such as buying food, emergencies or medical checkups.
Besides, competent forces were told to regularly check the compliance with Covid-19 safety regulations and impose heavy sanctions on violators, as well as tighten control over people and vehicles entering the city.
- Two new imported COVID-19 cases reported on December 13
- New local COVID-19 case reported in Chengdu
- One new imported COVID-19 case reported on Dec 19
- Vietnam reports six new imported COVID-19 cases
- Vietnam reports 12 new imported COVID-19 cases
- 38 new COVID-19 cases reported in Puducherry
- Heilongjiang reports 4 new local COVID-19 cases
- Five imported COVID-19 cases reported on December 14
- Two asymptomatic COVID-19 cases reported in Beijing
- China's Heilongjiang reports 1 new confirmed COVID-19 case, 3 new asymptomatic cases
- Dalian reports two new asymptomatic COVID-19 cases
- China's Liaoning reports 6 new confirmed COVID-19 cases, 4 asymptomatic infections
- China's Xinjiang reports 4 new asymptomatic COVID-19 cases
- Three new imported COVID-19 cases bring total to 1,405
- Da Nang isolates two new imported COVID-19 cases for treatment
- Sturgis Motorcycle Rally Led To 265,000 COVID-19 Cases, Report Claims. Some South Dakota Officials Object
- 33 new COVID-19 cases reported in Vellore
- China's Yunnan reports one new imported COVID-19 case
- Eight more COVID-19 cases reported in Taiwan
- Taiwan cancels, regulates mass gatherings after new local COVID-19 case
4,560 new domestic Covid-19 cases reported have 651 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at July 31, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.