SAN ANTONIO, Zambales — Dengue fever claimed the lives of two more children in this province, a health official confirmed on Saturday.
Dr. Noel Bueno, provincial health director, said two girls, aged 3 and 7 and both residents of Barangay (village) Naugsol in Subic town, succumbed to the disease.
Bueno did not specify when the children passed away this month.
At least 739 dengue cases were reported in the province since January, seven of which ended in deaths in the first week of July.
Bueno said four other fatalities were patients aged 9, 11, and 12 while the oldest was a 35-year-old.
- South steps up preventive measures against dengue fever, Zika virus
- Spain Catches Anti-Vaxx Fever and Resurrects Diphtheria
- ‘Cat scratch fever’ can trigger mental health symptoms in humans, experts warn
- Four kids who died in house fire ‘left in soiled nappies and had lung issues from parents’ smoking’
- My COVID Story: Despite having a loving family, my wife died a lonely death
- Coronavirus can paralyse kids in rare cases if it reaches spinal cord, study finds
- Woman loses husband, home and job after 'gentle' son dies of secret drug problem
- Nastya Swan EXCLUSIVE: The model and YouTube star, 19, was not hospitalized when hit with COVID-19 because there were so many other more urgent cases even though she felt like she was going to 'die'
- VIETNAM NEWS DECEMBER 24 (Updated hourly)
- Familiar diseases down, new ones emerge in Kozhikode
- Vaccination hole exists in remote disadvantaged areas
- Great White Lies About Great White Sharks
- The Raging Cytokine Storm
- Brit dad left ‘totally blind’ and suffering paralysis after being bitten by King Cobra as he battled Covid returns to UK
- Quack cure or Covid hope? Six things you can buy in the shops that scientists believe could protect against severe coronavirus infection
- ‘Human challenge trials will help us design better treatments, vaccines than we can now’
- My COVID Story: When I lost my sense of smell, I knew I was COVID positive
- The 13 Biggest Lessons We Learned About The Coronavirus In 2020
- The 13 Biggest Lessons We've Learned About The Coronavirus So Far
- A child so sick they feared the worst, now they urge change
2 more kids die of dengue fever in Zambales have 341 words, post on newsinfo.inquirer.net at July 24, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.