HÀ NỘI – An additional 145 deaths from COVID-19 have been recorded around Việt Nam on Saturday. Of those, 90 were from HCM City, 47 in Tiền Giang, four in Đồng Tháp, two in Long An, one in Trà Vinh and one in Quảng Nam.
Việt Nam has also recorded 8,620 new domestically transmitted cases of the virus and four imported cases, taking the nation's total to 145,686.
HCM City has seen a slight decrease with 4,180 infections although it still leads the nation in the number of new cases.
Bình Dương Province is second with 2,075 new cases, followed by Long An (544), Đồng Nai (456), Khánh Hoà (335), Đồng Tháp (146), Tiền Giang (123), and Bà Rịa – Vũng Tàu (115).
Several other localities recorded double-digit increases, including Bình Thuận (75), Cần Thơ (72), Tây Ninh (72), Phú Yên (58), Đà Nẵng (55), Vĩnh Long (48), Hà Nội (46), Đắk Lắk (32), Bình Định (28), Hậu Giang (19), Kiên Giang (16), Bình Phước (14), Thừa Thiên Huế (13), Nghệ An (13), Gia Lai (13), Đắk Nông (12), Sơn La (10), and Quảng Nam (10).
A new outbreak was found in Hoàn Kiếm District's Chương Dương Ward in Hà Nội where a local checkpoint officer became infected on July 28. This case was followed by 17 more people testing positive for the virus. More than 23,000 residents in the ward are now required to self-quarantine.
The remaining cases in the country were in Ninh Thuận (5), Thanh Hoá (5), Quảng Trị (4), Hà Tĩnh (4), Vĩnh Phúc (4), Lâm Đồng (3), Hà Nam (3), Hải Dương (3), Ninh Bình (2), An Giang (2), Kon Tum (1), Quảng Ngãi (1), Quảng Bình (1), Hải Phòng (1), and Bạc Liêu (1).
Total community transmissions were 2,045.
Four localities have gone 14 days without new community cases includingYên Bái, Điện Biên, Quảng Ninh, and Bắc Kạn.
A further 3,250 patients were given the all-clear on Saturday, raising the total number of recoveries to 38,734.
There are currently 441 seriously ill COVID patients in intensive care units and 21 are undergoing ECMO treatment.
At the end of Thursday, 5,931,376 doses of COVID-19 vaccine had been administered in Việt Nam. A total of 588,893 people have been fully inoculated. — VNS
- 163 new COVID-related deaths raise tally to 35,307 – DOH
- 310 new COVID-19 deaths push death toll to 36,328
- US Surgeon General: New COVID Restrictions Are ‘Appropriate Response’
- Victoria records 535 new COVID cases and one death as contact tracers 'under pressure'
- Delhi Reports 22 New Covid-19 Cases, Zero Death; Positivity Rate 0.04%
- Thailand: Cases drop below 12,000 again as CCSA reports 11,975 new Covid-19 cases, 127 more deaths on Saturday (Sept 25)
- Delhi Records 27 New Covid-19 Cases; Positivity Rate 0.04 Per Cent
- Delhi Records Zero Death, 35 New Covid-19 Cases; Positivity Rate 0.05 Per Cent
- New Covid-19 infections fall
- India logs 30,773 new Covid cases, 309 fresh deaths
- Over 10,000 new COVID-19 cases, 233 fatalities confirmed on Sept 19
- Just Three of Eight Zones in Bengaluru Have Managed to Contain Covid-19 Deaths Below One Percent
- Today’s Covid News: Vietnam’s coronavirus infections surpass 700,000
- Coronavirus LIVE Updates: India Reports 26,964 New Covid-19 Cases In the Last 24 Hours
- Chinese city imposes travel curbs, closes public venues in new COVID-19 outbreak
- Chinese National, Who Returned from Singapore, Likely Source of New Covid-19 Outbreak in Country
- Chinese city seals highways, closes public venues amid new COVID-19 outbreak
- Chinese city imposes travel curbs, closes public venues in new Covid-19 outbreak
- India records 27,176 new COVID-19 infections, less than 50,000 daily cases for 80 consecutive days
- Swiss impose new COVID-19 requirements for some travellers
145 new COVID related deaths, 8,620 new infections on Saturday have 595 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at July 31, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.