According to Chinese media Sina, the song (rough translation, Easy Come Easy Go) enjoyed great popularity after millions users on social media platform Douyin used its melody in their videos. Some Chinese celebs like singer Ju Jingyi and actor Neo Hou performed the song in Chinese at an event.
The Thai cover of the original song sung by the 24-year-old artist entered “most popular right now” video playlist of YouTube in Thailand within 18 hours of premiering in mid-February.
This version has over 16.5 million views and more than 23,000 comments from international viewers.
Fans from China and Thailand have also given kudos to the Vietnamese version on YouTube, which has racked up over 44.2 million views in six months.
Hung's songs are mostly ballads with melodies that are easy to listen to and memorize. His music is not considered groundbreaking, and he has not had any mega hits, and in the event he is not too well known among local audiences.
- Vietnamese immigrants face deportation from Germany
- 20 Years Later, East Germany's Vietnamese Have Moved on
- Film Interview: The War at Home
- Vietnamese protesters stay defiant against China
- Edgy Vietnamese songwriter takes on the censors
- Racy new pics emerge of ‘female assassin who killed Kim Jong-un’s brother’ – as it’s claimed she once starred on Vietnamese Pop Idol
- Draft law 'underscores China's concern to protect overseas interests'
- From the next Alex Jones to social media sensation Dina Tokio, we speak to 2017’s next big things
- Drum and Bass sensations Camo & Krooked on their album ‘Mozaik’ and playing MADE Festival in Birmingham this weekend
- New York Mets’ Yoenis Cespedes smashes sensational record 466-foot home run against Chicago Cubs
- Who is Finlay Wilson? Kilted yoga star and YouTube sensation with over 43 million views
- What time is Strictly Come Dancing on this weekend, what are the dances and songs and how can I vote?
- Trump’s childhood home goes back on the auction block
- Maximilian Hecker: A star abroad, unknown at home
- David Maraniss: How Detroit gave its middle class a song
- Michael Jackson’s brother Tito reveals unheard songs from the King of Pop ‘set for release’ later this year or in 2018
- Niall Horan reveals a secret lover he had in 1D inspired his best songs — and his emotional debut album Flicker
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic: Manchester United star Henrikh Mkhitaryan learnt his sensational scorpion kick from me
- Sensational new OneRepublic album Oh My My will make them one of the biggest bands in the world
- Incredible moment journalist confronts Kim Jong-nam murder suspects during flight home containing victim’s body
Vietnamese song, modest at home becomes sensation overseas have 411 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at June 20, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.