|Vietnamese lychees have been successfully exported to many markets such as the Netherlands, France, Japan, and the Czech Republic (Photo: VNA)|
Hanoi – Fresh lychees from Vietnam have hit the shelves of a supermarket in the Netherlands and received warm response, expecting to make further inroads into this market in the time ahead.
To advertise Vietnamese lychees, the trade office of Vietnam in the Netherlands and the LTP Import Export BV company have organised a tasting programme at Thanh Hung Supermarket in Spijkenisse city.
The fruits for sale at this supermarket come from the batch of nearly 1 tonnes of lychees that were farmed in Thanh Ha district, Hai Duong province, and arrived at Schiphol Airport on June 17 for distribution to Asian supermarkets in the Netherlands, France, and Germany.
Earlier, the sample lychees had been sent to all Asian supermarkets in the Netherlands and won over great interest from their owners.
As a result, lychee orders from supermarkets in the Netherlands, France, Germany, and Norway, for between hundreds of kilogrammes and one tonne each, have been made, and the batches are scheduled to be shipped by air in the next one or two weeks.
E-commerce websites of the Netherlands and France have also swiftly received orders for Vietnamese lychees imported by LTP Import Export BV.
Vo Thi Ngoc Diep, Trade Counsellor of Vietnam in the Netherlands, said this is the first time fresh lychees of Vietnam have been imported via an official channel to the Netherlands, from which the fruit will be distributed to neighbouring countries.
With those encouraging signs, Vietnamese lychees will hopefully continue making further inroads into the Dutch market in the coming years.
Apart from the Netherlands, the fruit has also been successfully exported to France, Japan, and the Czech Republic, among others, which all have strict requirements for imported products.
- Consumers change retail
- Budget bubbly and mince pies triumph in Christmas taste test
- Toxic management cost an award-winning game studio its best developers
- Exporters advised to use both online, offline platforms to go global
- VN exporters need to use both online, offline platforms to go global: experts
- Thai businesses intensify trade promotional activities in Vietnam
- Bill Nguyen: The Boy In The Bubble
- Inside Apple’s walled garden, developers take cover from Silicon Valley’s storms
- German novelists on the fall of the Berlin wall: ‘It was a source of energy we lived off for years’
- Ambivalence in Addiction
- Black Mirror: Bandersnatch could become Netflix’s secret marketing weapon
- A titanic, bittersweet symphony: 35 pop-culture windows into 1997
- Calendar: What’s Happening October 2008
- Tony Blair's full speech
- Don't look away now, the climate crisis needs you
- HTG Reviews the PlayStation 4: When a Console is Just a (Great) Console
- The new elite
- Donald Glover is, not surprisingly, great at
- The Human Stain by Philip Roth (III)
- Music Lover, Can You Spare a Dime?
Vietnamese lychees confident of winning over consumer taste in Netherlands have 457 words, post on vir.com.vn at June 20, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.