Vietnam reports highest-ever 24-hour surge in Covid-19 cases
The Saigon Times
|A person gets a shot of Covid-19 vaccine. The Ministry of Health this evening, June 17, reported 136 new Covid-19 cases, raising the daily total to 515, a new single-day record so far – PHOTO: VNA|
HCMC – The Ministry of Health this evening, June 17, reported 136 new Covid-19 cases, raising the daily total to 515, a new single-day record so far.
Three of the new cases were imported into Tay Ninh Province, while the 133 others came from domestic transmission. Bac Giang and HCMC detected 62 locally-infected cases each, followed by Bac Ninh with six, Ha Tinh with two and Lang Son with one.
The Bac Giang Department of Health said that as many as 250 Covid-19 patients were discharged from hospitals today, taking the province's total number of recoveries to 1,437, while its total number of Covid-19 cases has reached 5,007 since April 27.
Since the fourth wave of the coronavirus emerged, the country has reported 8,913 domestic Covid-19 cases.
In related news, the Nghe An Department of Health allowed the Vinh City General Hospital to reopen from 2.00 p.m. today, said Nguyen Huu Le, deputy director of the provincial department.
The general hospital was told to strictly follow Covid-19 safety measures in line with the instructions and regulations of the national steering committee for Covid-19 infection prevention and control, the Ministry of Health and the provincial department.
The Vinh City General Hospital on June 16 stopped receiving outpatients as a Covid-19 patient had visited it. After being notified of the positive case on June 15, the hospital quickly tested all of its employees, inpatients and caregivers.
The test results of 1,087 samples turned negative, leading to the decision reopening the hospital.
Due to the complicated development of Covid-19, the Ha Tinh government has written to the Vietnamese Embassy in Laos announcing the suspension of allowing Vietnamese citizens to return to the country through the Cau Treo international border gate.
The suspension will start from tomorrow, June 18, until further notice, said the provincial government.
The province also proposed the Vietnamese Embassy in Laos cooperate with the Lao authorities to inform Vietnamese people in Laos and Lao competent forces who intend to enter Vietnam at that time of the suspension, the local media reported.
Ha Tinh Province reported four new daily Covid-19 cases today, taking to 73 the province's total since the start in late April of the current fourth wave of coronavirus infections.
- 'Vaccine Hesitancy' Blamed For 'Alarming' Surge In Measles Cases
- Beto O'Rourke raises record $6.1M in 24 hours
- 2 ‘virtual kidnap’ cases in 24 hours has Laguna Beach police on alert
- 2 ‘virtual kidnap’ scams within 24 hours has Laguna Beach police on alert
- 2 ‘virtual kidnap’ scams within 24 hours have Laguna Beach police on alert
- Indianapolis crime: Deadliest 24 hours in five years for Indianapolis
- POLITICO Playbook: A bad 24 hours for the president
- Beto O’Rourke says he raised $6.1 million online in 1st 24 hours
- Here are Oregon snowfall totals for the last 24 hours, and it's a ton
- Wilmington's third shooting in 24 hours puts man in critical condition
- Flu season nearing end, but 20 states report highest level of activity
- LAUSD sees surge in whooping cough, urges parents to get children vaccinated
- Community reflects on the fallen at Vietnam Veterans Memorial replica in Bellflower
- U.S. citizen from Southern California remains jailed in Vietnam, disappointed that Trump didn’t help
- Wife of O.C. man detained in Vietnam invited by Rep. Katie Porter to State of the Union address
- From comrades to assassins_ North Korea and Vietnam eye new chapter with Trump-Kim summit
- Vietnam Veterans Memorial replica is coming to Bellflower, and the city needs volunteers
- Daily Business Report-March 12, 2019, San Diego Metro Magazine
- The Chefs’ Warehouse Reports Fourth Quarter 2018 Financial Results
- Replica of Vietnam Veterans Memorial wall to visit Costa Mesa this week
Vietnam reports highest-ever 24-hour surge in Covid-19 cases have 610 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at June 17, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.