The Ministry of Health announced on Wednesday the second-largest increase in daily infections in Vietnam, most in an epicenter in the northern part, while almost 100 of them were recorded in Ho Chi Minh City.
The country detected 414 community cases, including 398 in quarantined areas, the ministry said in a report the same day.
This is second-biggest daily case jump after the health ministry saw the steepest spike of 444 cases on May 25.
The nation recorded the third-strongest rise of 398 transmissions on Tuesday.
Bac Giang Province, which is the largest epicenter located in the north, reported 279 of the latest patients, while its neighbor Bac Ninh Province logged 27 cases.
Ho Chi Minh City registered 99 cases, its largest daily count this year, Ha Tinh Province four, Nghe An Province three, Ha Nam Province one, and Bac Kan one.
Vietnam has detected 8,411 locally-transmitted infections in 40 out of its 63 provinces and cities since the ongoing fourth virus wave erupted on April 27.
Bac Giang is leading the caseload with 4,680 patients, followed by Bac Ninh with 1,442, Ho Chi Minh City with 1,060, and Hanoi with 464.
Authorities in Ho Chi Minh City on Monday decided to extend the enhanced social distancing measures having put in place since May 31 by two weeks to stall escalating community spread, as over 80 patients have been confirmed on a daily basis since last weekend.
The Southeast Asian nation has recorded an accumulation of 11,635 infections as of Wednesday evening, including 9,980 domestic and 1,655 imported cases, according to the health ministry's statistics.
The number of recovered patients has reached 4,590, including 47 reported on Wednesday, while 61 have died, most with severe pre-existing conditions.
Nearly five million people have been tested in this fourth wave, the worst so far.
Vietnam confirmed 106 community cases in the first wave from January 23 to April 16, 2020, 554 in the second from July 25 to December 1, 2020, and 910 in the third from January 28 to March 25, 2021.
The country administered 95,421 AstraZeneca vaccine shots to medical staff and other frontline workers on Tuesday, taking the total to 1,648,072 jabs since inoculation was rolled out on March 8.
A total of 59,608 have been given two injections of the vaccine.
The government has set a target of securing 150 jabs, as it expects to immunize at least two-thirds of a population of almost 98 million people this year.
It has received about 2.9 million AstraZeneca shots so far.
- NYC tops 2,000 daily coronavirus cases and hits seven-day positivity rate of 5.43% as Mayor de Blasio pleads for residents with pre-existing conditions and over-65s to stay home
- LA County surpasses 10K daily coronavirus cases for the first time
- Florida Has Broken Daily Coronavirus Case Records in 15 of the Last 16 Days
- Live Updates: Texas surpasses 15,000 new daily coronavirus cases
- UK announces 20,694 more coronavirus cases in 39% rise from last Thursday as daily deaths increase by a fifth to 516
- US records over 14 million coronavirus cases
- Coronavirus cases: India records 32,981 COVID cases in last 24 hours, 391 new deaths
- The great communist Covid cover-up: Chinese doctors were recording at least DOUBLE the number of coronavirus cases that Beijing was reporting to the world in February, leaked documents reveal
- Coronavirus cases: India records 36,594 new COVID cases, 540 deaths in last 24 hours
- Florida becomes the third state to reach 1 million coronavirus cases
- Mayor De Blasio Urging New Yorkers To Avoid Holiday Travel As Coronavirus Cases Tick Up In NYC
- PM Imran Khan urges Opposition to reconsider rallies amid rising coronavirus cases
- Coronavirus cases: India records 36,652 new COVID cases, 512 deaths in a day
- US sees its SECOND consecutive day of record-high coronavirus cases as more than 99,000 new infections are reported in just 24 hours
- Vietnam logs one imported coronavirus case, no domestic infections in Ho Chi Minh City
- UK coronavirus cases down a THIRD in a week as 12,330 test positive and daily deaths drop with 205 more fatalities
- Vietnam records 34 more Covid-19 cases
- France reports daily record of over 50,000 new coronavirus cases
- Vietnam confirms six more imported Covid-19 cases
- US breaks daily coronavirus records as Fauci warns January will be 'terrible'
Vietnam records second-biggest jump in daily coronavirus cases have 646 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at June 16, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.