The ministry had begun an investigation last September after Vietnamese sugar producers claimed they were hurt by the dumping of sugar imported from Thailand.
As many as 3,300 people lost their jobs with factories having to close. More than 93,200 farmers were affected.
The investigation found Thai sugar exporters had a dumping margin of 47.64 percent. In February, Vietnam had slapped preliminary anti-dumping and countervailing duty of 33.88 percent on sugar imported from Thailand.
Sugar imports from Thailand last year hit 1.3 million tons, a year-on-year surge of 330.4 percent, according to the preliminary investigation. The importsSugar imported from Thailand accounted for 90 percent of the total imports of the sweetener last year, according to the Food and Foodstuff Association of HCMC.
- Vietnam imposes anti-dumping duties on Chinese, Indonesian MSG
- India imposes anti-dumping duty on certain steel products from China, Vietnam, Korea
- US begins anti-dumping probe into Vietnamese tires
- Vietnam imposes tariffs on foreign plastic film
- India Extends Anti-Dumping Duty on Chinese Steel for Entire Year
- Vietnam to review anti-dumping measures against Chinese aluminum
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JULY 30
- Viet Nam imposes tariffs on foreign plastic film
- Việt Nam imposes tariffs on foreign plastic film
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JULY 26
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JULY 25
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 1
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JULY 24
- Vietnam's catfish industry experiencing tough days, no improvement expected this year
- India begins anti-subsidy probe on Chinese export of certain yarn
- U.S. launches antidumping probe into copper pipe and tube imports from Vietnam
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia August 1
- India Extends Import Duty On Chinese Solar Equipment in Order to Boost Local Manufacturing
- Safeguard duty on solar gear imports from China may continue
- Tightened controls imposed on antibiotic residues for Tra fish exports
Vietnam imposes anti-dumping and countervailing duty on Thai sugar have 272 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at June 16, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.