As of Wednesday evening, 10,656 locally-transmitted cases have been reported since the new outbreak occurred in the country on April 27, including 5,499 in the virus epicentre of Bac Giang. The outbreak has so far spread to 44 cities and provinces nationwide.
Three imported patients are all Vietnamese people who recently returned from abroad. They had been sent to quarantine areas in Tay Ninh and Kien Giang provinces upon arrival and are now being treated at local hospitals.
With these new infection cases, the number of Covid-19 patients in Vietnam has increased to 13,947 including 12,227 locally-transmitted cases.
As of 6 pm on June 23, a total of 5,684 Covid-19 patients had recovered and been discharged from hospital.
So far there have been 70 deaths, most of them being the elderly with serious underlying diseases.
At present, nearly 175,000 people who had close contact with Covid-19 patients or returned from virus-hit areas are being monitored at hospitals, quarantine facilities, and at home.
On June 22, nearly 107,772 more people were given Covid-19 vaccine in Vietnam, raising the total number of vaccine doses used in the country to over 2.5 million. The number of people who have received two doses has risen to 133,843.
- Vietnam discharges 17 Covid-19 patients including American martial artist
- Vietnam's oldest COVID-19 patient discharged as last medical teams leave Da Nang
- US returnee Vietnam’s latest Covid-19 patient
- Four returnees confirmed as COVID-19 patients on Thursday evening
- 19 NHS trusts are already treating more Covid-19 patients than in April and admissions are rising by a third a week - amid fears every bed will be full with virus sufferers before Christmas (so how busy is YOUR hospital?)
- Russian expert confirmed as new Covid-19 patient in Vietnam
- Covid-19 deaths aren't rising as fast in Europe and US, despite soaring new infections. That doesn't mean the virus is less deadly
- Five more imported Covid-19 patients confirmed on Wednesday
- Hanoi Covid-19 patient gives birth to baby boy
- Three more imported Covid-19 patients confirmed on October 31
- Treatment cost of foreign COVID-19 patients in Vietnam amounts up to $30,000
- Telangana to set up task force to monitor treatment for Covid-19 patients in private hospitals
- 80 per cent COVID-19 patients in Spanish study had vitamin D deficiency
- Vietnam reports no COVID-19 community infection for 30 consecutive days
- Ho Chi Minh City cleared of all confirmed COVID-19 patients
- Hundreds tested negative after coming into contact with suspected COVID-19 patient
- Senior Covid-19 patients suffer 'brain fog' in drawn-out recovery
- UK announces 3,539 more Covid-19 cases in highest rise in four months as six further deaths are recorded and experts warn the epidemic is now doubling every WEEK
- Vietnam cures 1,062 out of 1,173 COVID-19 patients
- Last COVID-19 patient in Da Nang released from hospital
Vietnam confirms 85 more Covid-19 patients, Wednesday counts rise 220 have 509 words, post on dtinews.vn at June 23, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.