The vaccine, called Vero Cell, Inactivated, is produced by the Beijing Institute of Biological Products Co.Ltd. The National Institute of Hygiene and Epidemiology suggested for the vaccine to be approved, and its approval was signed by deputy health minister Truong Quoc Cuong on Thursday.
The National Institute of Hygiene and Epidemiology will be responsible for cooperating with vaccine manufacturers to ensure the production of this vaccine and its safety and quality.
The institute will also cooperate with the Administration of Science, Technology and Training under the health ministry to evaluate the vaccine’s safety and effectiveness, and with the National Institute for Control of Vaccines and Biologicals to evaluate the vaccine by providing samples and other relevant materials, before the vaccine could be put into use.
The institute will also provide instructions on how to store, distribute and use the vaccine.
The Sinopharm Covid-19 vaccine is the third one to be approved by Vietnam for emergency use, after Russia's Sputnik V and the one made by British-Swedish firm AstraZeneca.
The vaccine was approved by China last December and by WHO for emergency use last month.
Some 42 countries and territories have been using the vaccine, of which 200 million doses have been shipped worldwide.
Vietnam has been using the AstraZeneca vaccine for its vaccination program, under which over 1.1 million people have got shots so far.
The country aims to secure about 150 million vaccine doses this year to cover 70 percent of its population.
- Killer coronavirus will hit Britain 'within days': Race is on to find vaccine as UK scientists prepare to fly out to hot spots
- Vietnam seeks to produce test kits for coronavirus
- Scientists develop a vaccine for the Chinese coronavirus but warn it will take a YEAR before it could be dished out - as world health chiefs warn human-to-human spread outside of China is of 'great concern'
- No coronavirus vaccine until mid-2020, says biotech executive
- Ins and outs of travel vaccinations
- Coronavirus vaccine — a race against time
- Will follow licensing model to take GBS vaccines into late stage development: Hilleman Labs CEO
- Scientists embark on hunt for vaccines and medicines
- New Tech Could Make Coronavirus Vaccine in Record Time
- How Far Away Is a Coronavirus Vaccine?
- Killer coronavirus outbreak rampaging across the world will last MONTHS as death toll hits 106 and scientists warn a vaccine is still at least eight weeks away
- Coronavirus deaths top 200, WHO declares emergency: Everything we know
- Scientists are moving at record speed to create new coronavirus vaccines—but they may come too late
- WRAPUP 14-'This is an emergency in China' says WHO, as virus death toll rises to 18
- WHO Calls Emergency Coronavirus Meeting as Cases Surpass SARS Outbreak
- Scientists in Hong Kong develop Coronavirus vaccine but it could be A YEAR before it’s available
- Coronavirus declared a global emergency by WHO
- GSK to start production of Ebola vaccine as tests on humans begin
- Is there a vaccine for coronavirus?
- Vietnam halts issuance of tourist visas to those coming from China: gov’t
Vietnam approves Sinopharm Covid vaccine for emergency use have 485 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at June 4, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.