During the talks, the Cambodian Defense Minister congratulated General Giang for being promoted to Minister of National Defense and expressed his belief that the Vietnamese defense minister will make more important contributions to strengthening cooperation between the two militaries.
On the occasion, the Cambodian Defense Minister thanked Vietnam for its timely dispatch of experts and medical supplies to assist Cambodia's fight against the COVID-19 pandemic.
For his part, General Giang highlighted the Royal Cambodian Armed Forces' efforts in combating SAR-CoV-2 over the past time and emphasized that Vietnam will stand side-by-side with and try its best to help Cambodia overcome the difficulties caused by the pandemic. He affirmed that in any circumstances, the Vietnamese Party, State, and Army always attach great importance to promoting the fine neighborhood, traditional friendship, and comprehensive cooperation with Cambodia.
Giang believed that in the coming time the two sides will exert more efforts to strengthen Vietnam-Cambodia defense ties in an intensive manner, maintaining its role as one of the pillars in the bilateral relationship.
During the talks, the two defense ministers affirmed that amid the COVID-19 pandemic, the two defense ministries have developed suitable and effective forms of cooperation, especially in training, mutual support in COVID-19 prevention and control, and border protection.
The two sides said that the complicated development of the COVID-19 pandemic in the coming time might affect the implementation of this year's cooperation plans.
Therefore, the two countries should renew their cooperation methods, particularly in political and ideological education for troops of the two armies, the maintenance of the defense policy dialogue mechanism, personnel training, management of the shared borderline, and the fight against cross-border crimes, smuggling, drug trafficking, and illegal exits and entries.
The two defense ministers also agreed to continue supporting each other at multilateral forums to which both militaries are members.
Translated by Tran Hoai
- Vietnam, Indonesia vow to fight illegal fishing, boost trade
- Mattis: Pres. Trump says defense chief's job is '100 percent' safe
- World Economic Forum Helps Vietnam Bill Itself as a Business Alternative to China
- Defense Secretary Mattis says Trump supports him 100 percent
- Trump Says Defense Chief's Job '100 Percent' Safe: Mattis
- Breaking down NFC's deadline deals: Rams add an edge rusher; Eagles, Cowboys add receivers; Redskins boost secondary and more
- Cambodia resumes search effort with U.S. for Vietnam War remains
- China Expected to Gain in Asian Maritime Dispute after Regional Defense Leaders Meeting
- ICONIC PHOTOS: The Vietnam War through the photographers’ eyes
- Berks veterans honor Vietnam War dead and missing
- Vietnam and France sign deals worth over $10 billion
- The Latest: Vietnam PM speaks at UN after president's death
- John McCain's military career, from his time as Vietnam War POW to role in passing defense bill
- The Latest: Some in Vietnam say McCain ‘fought for peace’
- Vietnam, US complete cleanup of toxic chemical from airport
- Vietnam, U.S. complete cleanup of toxic chemical from airport
- Justice Democrats to get music-packed boost at N.J. fundraisers
- Dallas Cowboys stumped in loss to Titans despite Amari Cooper's boost
- Rams defense impresses early in preseason win over Texans
- US Defense Secretary James Mattis hits out at ‘predatory’ Chinese behavior
Vietnam and Cambodia to boost defense cooperation have 508 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at June 13, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.