HÀ NỘI — A total of 185 local COVID-19 cases were recorded in Việt Nam on Friday in five localities, the Ministry of Health announced.
Bắc Giang topped the list of most infections with 95. All local transmissions were found in patients already in isolation areas.
Twenty-eight new cases were reported in Bắc Ninh, six in Hà Nội, eight in Hà Tĩnh Province and 48 in HCM City.
Most of the new cases had close contact with previously confirmed COVID-19 cases.
The ministry also reported 11 imported cases including 10 in Bà Rịa-Vũng Tàu Province and one in Tây Ninh Province. They were immediately quarantined on arrival.
A total of 96 patients were also given the all-clear from the disease on Friday.
As of Friday, the country's total number of infections stands at 9,980, including 8,350 domestic cases and 1,630 imported cases.
Of those, 3,804 have recovered, according to the Ministry of Health.
Seventeen out of 63 provinces and cities in the country have not seen any new cases in the past 14 days.
There have been 6,780 cases since the latest outbreak hit the country on April 27. The COVID-19 pandemic has claimed 57 lives in Việt Nam so far. — VNS
- Viet Nam's economy shines in 2019 but concerns exist for 2020
- Viet Nam to select quality foreign investment
- Entrepreneurs, experts gaze into crystal ball, see good prospects for Việt Nam
- Việt Nam’s path to emerging market status
- Việt Nam start-up investment rises 42%
- Việt Nam and Japan agree to boost tourism co-operation
- Việt Nam a magnet for foreign investors amid US-China trade war
- New population strategy poses challenges for Việt Nam
- Commission for Internal Affairs urged to settle serious corruption cases
- 5G key for Việt Nam in Industry 4.0
- Việt Nam calls for further counter-terrorism efforts in West Africa: Diplomat
- French sculptor realises dream in Việt Nam
- Việt Nam’s border gates tighten monitoring of China pneumonia
- Việt Nam boosts defence co-operation among ASEAN members
- Việt Nam's economy shines in 2019 but concerns exist for 2020
- New housing policy for low-, mid-income households needed in HCM City
- 'Shame on you': Balotelli lashes out in new Italy racism storm
- New virus behind China's mystery pneumonia outbreak: state media
- HCM City mulls ways to improve new residential areas
- Young artists give Hà Nội village a new coat of paint
Việt Nam confirms 185 new local COVID-19 cases on Friday have 402 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at June 11, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.