The International Olympic Committee (IOC) handed Vietnamese shooting an inviation slot for Olympics Tokyo in July. The Vietnam Shooting Federation (VSF) said the inviation is for a Vietnamese athlete in the 10 meter air pistol category.
Vinh won the historic gold medal in that category back in Olympic 2016. With his achievements and experience at the event, he was chosen for the slot.
In March, Vietnamese shooters Tran Quoc Cuong, Phan Xuan Chuyen and Nguyen Dinh Thanh failed to qualify for the Olympics at 2021 ISSF World Cup in India. Vinh didn't compete in the tournament for personal reasons.
VSF will propose Vinh to represent Vietnamese shooting at the Olympics to the Department of Physical Education and Sports for approval and confirm with IOC before the June 18 deadline.
The Covid-19 pandemic severely affected Vietnam's Olympic hopefuls, who couldn't take part in many international tournaments due to travel restrictions and thus, had little chance to qualify.
- Sports News Feed: UFC's Conor McGregor hit with multi-million dollar lawsuit
- Labour's dossier of shame: Jeremy Corbyn is personally accused of NINE anti-Semitic acts in bombshell report - as new video shows him embracing 'blood libel' preacher later jailed for raising funds for Hamas
- Britain's great vaccine plan: Boris promises 2m doses a week by end of January at 2,700 centres - including 50 mass hubs - with NHS staff poised to go door-to-door amid calls to offer jabs 24/7 as PM reveals 2.5m have now been inoculated
- Boris says more than 2.4million Covid-19 vaccines have been given to people in the UK as the minister in charge of the scheme says it CAN be delivered 24/7 'if they could get enough doses' but No10 insists there 'isn't a clamour for jabs after 8pm'
- FMIA: Ten For Tom—Brady Heading Back To Another Super Bowl, Bringing Buccaneers To Meet Chiefs In Tampa
Veteran shooter champ grabs Olympic invitation slot have 302 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at June 15, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.