HÀ NỘI – Two more people have died of COVID-19 complications in Việt Nam, a woman aged 90 and a 67-year-old man.
Their deaths were announced Saturday afternoon and take the total number of fatalities to 64.
The woman lived in Bắc Giang Province and tested positive for COVID-19 on June 12.
After developing a severe cough, shortness of breath and fatigue, she was transferred to the Intensive Care Unit at Bắc Giang Mental Hospital.
Despite treatment, her condition worsened and she died on June 18. Her cause of death has been recorded as severe pneumonia caused by SARS-CoV-2, progressive respiratory failure, septic shock, multi-organ failure in a patient with a history of hypertension, diabetes and gangrene.
Earlier on Saturday another patient, a man from Hà Trung, Thanh Hóa Province, also died as a result of COVID complications.
He was being treated at Tân Triều branch of the K Cancer Hospital for lung cancer and tested positive for coronavirus on May 15.
The patient was transferred to the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases but responded poorly to medication and was placed on a mechanical ventilator to help him breathe on May 31.
Despite extensive treatment, the damage to his lungs was too severe and he died in the early hours of Saturday morning.
His cause of death has been recorded as SARS-CoV-2 pneumonia, septic shock and invasive candidiasis, in patients with stage IV left bronchial cancer. The cancer had also spread to his bones. VNS
- Second patient DIES of mystery virus in China amid growing fears the lethal outbreak may spread around the world following a confirmed case in Japan
- Coronavirus patient dies in Birmingham hospital
- Family of girl, 9, who died of heart complications still waiting for answers on cause of 'racing' heart
- British tourist fighting for life in Thailand is feared to be first western victim of new Chinese coronavirus as third patient DIES and outbreak spreads to South Korea
- What is a coronavirus, the mystery illness sweeping through China?
- What is coronavirus, the mystery illness sweeping through part of China?
- What is the deadly coronavirus illness now blamed for 17 deaths in China?
- Fears rise that coronavirus patients are still allowed to roam the streets of China FREELY after 'reporters found sufferers who are NOT quarantined'
- Chinese doctors SAVE a critically-ill coronavirus patient by hooking them up to a life-support machine to bypass their lungs and allow them to recover
- Tearful mother accuses The Priory of 'putting profits before patients' as hospital faces multi-million pound fine for health and safety breaches in death of her 14-year-old daughter
- Novartis programme benefits thousands of Vietnamese cancer patients
- Scientists fear up to 4,500 Chinese patients may have caught the new coronavirus as health chiefs in Wuhan confirm four more cases
- Lyme disease sufferer, 72, develops never-before-seen complication that could have ruptured a major artery and killed him
- Girl, 13, dies from the flu days before her 14th birthday and an unvaccinated four-year-old goes blind during one of the worst virus seasons for decades that's killed 32 children
- Second person dies from deadly mystery virus in China after it spread to Japan & WHO warns it could sweep the globe
- Health officials expect MORE coronavirus cases in the US and admit that 1st American patient was not diagnosed for five DAYS after returning from Ground Zero of Wuhan and had contact with at least 16 people
- Sars-like illness kills man in London
- A second person has died from a new SARS-like virus in China
- 'Fit and healthy' Royal Ballet School dancer, 14, died after contracting rare form of meningitis during Christmas holiday in Sardinia
- Chinese woman, 24, who lived on 20p a day dies in poverty after being forced to starve for five years to save money to treat her ill brother
Two severely ill patients die of COVID-19 complications have 666 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at June 19, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.