|COVID-19 treament given to patients with underlying health conditions (Photo: VNA)|
Hanoi – Two more people have died of COVID-19 complications, taking the death toll in Vietnam since the beginning of the pandemic to 74.
The latest fatalities are a 44-year-old man and 68-year-old woman. The two were both being treated for a number of underlying health conditions.
The 44-year-old patient with type 2 diabetes, of Binh Chanh district, Ho Chi Minh City, tested positive for SARS-COV-2 on June 14.
He was taken to Pham Ngoc Thach Hospital with breathing difficulty and had to use an oxygen mask.
The patient was treated in intensive care with mechanical ventilation through endotracheal tube, sedation, muscle relaxant, antibiotics, anticoagulants, anti-inflammatory drugs, insulin and vasopressor.
However, due to the patient’s underlying conditions and poor response to treatment, although the hospital tried its best to treat him, the patient died at 1:32am on June 22.
His cause of death has been recorded as severe SARS-CoV-2 pneumonia complicated by acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS), septic shock, and multi-organ failure in patients with type 2 diabetes.
The female patient, of An Minh district, Kien Giang province, with type 2 diabetes, hypertension and pulmonary tuberculosis that she completed treatment for 10 years ago.
On June 16, the patient, who tested positive for SARS-CoV-2, was taken to the Pham Ngoc Thach Hospital for treatment in a state of respiratory failure and had to breathe through an oxygen mask.
The patient was treated in intensive care with mechanical ventilation through endotracheal tube, sedation, muscle relaxant, antibiotics, anticoagulants, anti-inflammatory drugs, insulin, vasopressor. However, due to her age, severe underlying disease and poor response to treatment, she died at midnight on Wednesday.
Her cause of death has been recorded as severe SARS-CoV-2 pneumonia complicated by acute respiratory failure (ARDS), septic shock in patients with hypertension, type 2 diabetes and pulmonary sequelae.
- 17 people died in care of mental health services last year
- Two People Died Over Shooting in Swedish City of Malmo
- BREAKING NEWS: Former South Korean Prime Minister dies age 92
- Full Metal Jacket actor R Lee Ermey dies at 74
- Bodies identified of 76 people killed in deadly Greek wildfires
- Sixty people forced to leave Belfast tower block due to fire safety concerns
- World's oldest Sumatran orangutan dies aged 62
- Full Metal Jacket actor dies aged 74
- 'I am living the future that people of the 80s fought for'
- Who was Dennis Nilsen? Serial killer who died in prison at 72
- People in Mid Sussex ‘being denied life-changing diabetes technology’
- World's oldest Sumatran orangutan dies
- Pulitzer-prizer winning commentator Charles Krauthammer dies, aged 68
- British gunner called 'Titch' who was 'shortest D-Day hero' dies at 97
- Figures reveal 33 people were killed on farms in the last year
- 'I Want to Die': 104 Year Old Professor Invokes Assisted Dying Debate
- Former SKorea PM Kim Jong-pil dies at 92
- Former South Korean Prime Minister Kim Jong-pil dies
- Puan, World's Oldest Known Sumatran Orangutan Dies In Australian Zoo
- Losing a child: The horror of living it and the people who help
Two more people die of COVID-related complications have 478 words, post on vir.com.vn at June 25, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.