HÀ NỘI — Two women, both being treated for cancer, have died of COVID-19 related complications, the Ministry of Health announced on Friday afternoon.
Their deaths take the total number of fatalities throughout the pandemic to 57.
One is a 65-year-old woman from northern Ninh Bình with a history of cervical cancer. At the beginning of May, she was admitted to the National Cancer Hospital (known as K Hospital) in Hà Nội with a number of health issues.
After 10 days of treatment, she tested positive for SARS-CoV-2 and was transferred to the Central Hospital for Tropical Diseases in Hà Nội’s Đông Anh District.
Her condition gradually worsened and on Thursday she passed away. The cause of death was recorded as septic shock, pneumonia caused by SARS-CoV-2, invasive fungal infection and metastasised abdominal lymph nodes.
The second patient who died is a 59-year-old woman from northern Hà Nam Province. She was also being treated for cancer in her gallbladder.
She was also being treated at the K Hospital and tested positive for SARS-CoV-2. Earlier her daughter had also contracted the virus.
The woman was treated in intensive care but her condition did not improve and she too died on Thursday. The cause of death was ruled to be septic shock and pneumonia caused by SARS-CoV-2 in a patient with a background of advanced gallbladder cancer. — VNS
- Villanueva tweets: ‘KG called me a cancer patient’
- Coordinator working, fighting rare form of cancer
- Cancer survivor Byers driving to help others
- Spanish golf great Seve Ballesteros dies at 54
- Cancer-stricken announcer calls magical finish
- Vaping death toll climbs to 39 in the US as two states report new fatalities and New Jersey hospitals say patients as young as 11 are using e-cigarettes
- Pink not enough in cancer fight
- Former Royals broadcaster White dies
- Former AL home run champ dies at 87
- Penn St. legend Joe Paterno dies at 85
- Renowned sports surgeon Yocum dies
- Woosnam, former NASL commissioner, US coach, dies
- Getting behind childhood cancer fight
- Golf legend Seve Ballesteros dies
- Revered PSU coach Joe Paterno dies
- Montgomery fights on after cancer scare
- Mitchell: ‘We won’t let Joe’s legacy die’
- Kansas football player D.J. Marshall beats cancer
- NASCAR exec Jim Hunter dies at 71
- Chicago Cubs great Ron Santo dies
Two cancer patients die of COVID-related complications have 382 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at June 11, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.