The event, chaired by former Deputy Chief of the General Department of Political Affairs and President of the Vietnam Martyrs’ Family Support Association Lieutenant General Le Van Han, was part of the activities to mark the 74th Wounded Soldiers’ and Martyrs’ Day.
The texting program takes place from June 1 to July 31. Mobile service subscribers can text TALS to 1405 to donate VND 20,000 to the program.
According to the organizers, since June 1, they have received 1,708 messages.
Speaking at the launch ceremony, General Han emphasized that the program aims to pay gratitude to fallen soldiers, their families, and heroic Vietnamese mothers.
All proceeds from the program will be used to conduct DNA testing for unidentified remains of martyrs, build houses and buy gifts for needy policy beneficiaries.
General Han said he hopes the program will receive active and effective support from troops and people across the country.
As reported, despite the complicated development of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Vietnam Martyrs’ Family Support Association and its affiliated agencies have exerted their utmost efforts to hold gratitude activities for fallen soldiers.
Particularly, the association and its affiliated agencies built 47 houses and presented 477 saving books, 118 scholarships and more than 5,000 gifts to needy families of fallen soldiers and heroic Vietnamese mothers.
The association provided free health check-ups and medicines to more than 2,100 national contributors and cooperated with Military Region 4 to present 35 savings books to families of troops who sacrificed their lives while conducting missions in the Central region in October, 2020.
Translated by Song Anh
- Edwards releases re-election video in formal campaign launch
- Homeless good Samaritan GoFundMe scam reveals risks of falling victim to fake crowdfunding campaigns
- Clinton County honors Ovid soldiers killed in Iraq, Vietnam with road signs
- Thanksgiving gratitude, Amazon in Nashville and soldiers return: The Dose
- Smoking rates in US have fallen to all-time low, but how did they ever get so high?
- Special Report: As their landlord profits, soldiers battle unsafe Army homes
- Read the text of Governor Baker’s second inauguration speech
- Paul Vallas calls lawsuit over mayoral campaign's text messages 'a dirty trick'
- Donald Trump Sparks Anger With 'Send A Brick' To Nancy Pelosi And Chuck Schumer Campaign
- Your next job interview may start with a text
- President Trump pays tribute to Americans killed in Syrian suicide bombing as their bodies arrive back in US
- Full text of new Shreveport Mayor Adrian Perkins' inaugural speech
- Trump slams 'total sleaze' Comey, 'corrupt' FBI leaders, after report bureau launched probe after director's ouster
- Nashville mayor's race: State Rep. John Ray Clemmons launches run
- Second victim of ex-Glen Rock officer \nwho texted minor girls sues
- FOX NEWS FIRST: Dem division over health care for all; One Democrat's 2020 campaign already may be in trouble
- The Best Campaign Money Can Buy
- Richard Spencer’s Wife Launches GoFundMe Page to Leave ‘Abusive Marriage’
- Bernie alumni seek meeting to address 'sexual violence' on ‘16 campaign
- Paying the price: China shoppers, stung by slowdown, take bite out of Apple
Texting campaign launched to pay gratitude to fallen soldiers have 471 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at July 20, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.