"Saigon Times-Great Circle" donates necessities to health workers in two districts
By Dung Nguyen
|A truck carrying relief from the "Saigon Times-Great Circle 2021" program arrives at the Medical Center of Go Vap District – PHOTOS: DUNG NGUYEN|
HCMC – The "Saigon Times-Great Circle 2021" program of the Saigon Times Group donated necessities to medical workers and employees of the medical centers of HCMC's 12 and Go Vap districts this morning, June 19 to support them in the fight against the Covid-19 pandemic.
The necessities were contributed by Vinh Thanh Dat Food Corporation and Dr Thanh and Nescafé 3in1 brands. They included 150 boxes of cooling tea, 100 boxes of instant coffee and 500 bags of eggs.
Go Vap District and Thanh Loc Ward of District 12 were among Covid-19 hospots of the city and they were put under stringent social distancing following the prime minister's Directive No. 16 in the first half of this month.
Go Vap is one of the districts hit the hardest in the fourth Covid-19 wave beginning late April, with the largest cluster related to the Revival Ekklesia Mission.
|Pham Thi Hai Yen (2nd L), deputy director of the Go Vap District Medical Center, receives relief from the "Saigon Times-Great Circle 2021" program|
"When the pandemic broke out in Go Vap District, medical workers of quarantine centers had to work extremely hard due to a large number of people that needed to be quarantined. The district was supported by the HCMC Center for Disease Control, the HCMC Department of Health and hospitals in the city," Pham Thi Hai Yen, deputy director of the Go Vap District Medical Center, said.
"We had to work from 6 a.m. until 10 p.m all week long. Some days we even worked until 3 a.m. This was a really tough time for the medical workers and the citizens," shared Vu Duc Dien, director of the Disease Control Department of the District 12 Medical Center.
In the coming time, when the city accelerates the vaccination campaign, the medical workers would have to work even harder, according to Dien.
|Representatives of the Saigon Times Group hand over necessities to Vu Duc Dien (2nd R), director of the Disease Control Department of the District 12 Medical Center|
Pham Huu Chuong, deputy editor-in-chief of the Saigon Times Group, spoke highly of the health workers' effort and sacrifice in the fight against Covid-19 in the two districts, which are the city's Covid-19 hotspots.
"With support from our readers and partner businesses, we hope that our contributions, regardless of the amount, will offer some encouragement for frontline forces in the fight against the pandemic," he said.
Previously the "Saigon Times-Great Circle 2021" program provided relief for needy people and medical workers in Binh Tan District and the Medical Center of District 5.
Following the success of the "Saigon Times-Great Circle" program in 2020, the Saigon Times Group continued the program this year with the theme "Join hands to fight the Covid-19 pandemic" to support people affected by the pandemic.
The program will receive donations from organizations and individuals and then distribute them to the needy in HCMC and other provinces.
Donations for the program can be sent to:
Tap chi Kinh te Sai Gon
Bank account number: 1007 1485 1003318
Vietnam Export Import Commercial Joint Stock Bank (Eximbank) – Hoa Binh Branch – HCMC
Transaction content: Name – UnghoSaigon Times – NVTL – Donghanhchongdich
- UCHealth Dedicates More Than $100 Million for Behavioral Health
- Helping Berlin's Male Prostitutes One Night at a Time
- NJ football coach receives life-saving kidney donation from wife
- Artist donates mural to YMCA
- A&E staff at Stepping Hill Hospital who fought to save victims of Manchester Arena attack up for health gong
- Helias defeats district foe Southern Boone in softball
- North Philly workforce initiative receives $2.6-million donation
- Klobuchar: GM needs to share 'prosperity' with UAW workers
- NHS staff and other health heroes recognised at The Sun’s very first Who Cares Wins awards
- Mid-Mo lawmakers share health challenges during special session
- Apprenticeship programs set Alaska up for future success
- 2015 in classical music
- Republicans nudging Marc Molinaro to run for Congress
- Dig out your denim and support the 500,000 children in the UK living with genetic disorders on Jeans for Genes Day
- Come OUT St. Pete returns for third year
- Lowell man gives back to his community via volleyball
- 20th Annual 40 Under 40 Awards, San Diego Metro Magazine
- Despite voter efforts, big money flows to Missouri politicians
- Elderly homeless population on the rise, local agencies report
- The Nooner for 08-30-19
“Saigon Times-Great Circle” donates necessities to health workers in two districts have 741 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at June 19, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.