Journalists of the SGGP Newspaper receive prizes at the HCMC Press Awards 2020. (Photo: SGGP)
The newspaper received one first prize, three second prizes, three third prizes and one encouragement prize in the categories of photographic reporting, political commentary, investigation and documentary, interview and group work.
The organization board also presented other first prizes to Tuoi Tre (Youth) newspaper, HCMC Phap Luat (Law) newspaper and HCMC TV.
Organizers said they received 262 entries in various genres from 18 press agencies that reflected issues of public concern, such as preparations for and the organization of all-level Party congresses in the run up to the 13th National Party Congress, the fight against Covid-19 outbreak, Vietnam’s sovereignty over seas and islands, prevention measures against corruption, outstanding individuals and organizations.
The annual award ceremony of the HCMC Press Awards 2021 will not be held due to the complicated situation of Covid-19 pandemic. Winners will receive prizes at their offices.
By Thai Phuong – Translated by Kim Khanh
- Long Beach Press-Telegram news organization information and history
- Winners of 8th Energy of Victories national sports journalism festival contest receive awards
- Seven Bay Area Leaders Chosen to Nominate Candidates for Fifth Annual San Francisco Chronicle 2019 Visionary of the Year Award
- Pioneer Press Treasure Hunters, time to find the $10K medallion
- German magazine fires award-winning journalist for fabricating stories
- Dallas Morning News journalists honored by Press Club of Dallas
- Roseanne Barr calls Natalie Portman 'repulsive' for Israel award snub: 'It was really sickening'
- Kentucky Gov. Matt Bevin attacks press in social media outburst
- Russell Baker, Pulitzer Prize-winning writer, dies at 93
- Shirley Wild Column: NAACP hosts 39th Founders Gala & Awards
- Fire Tom Brokaw, Who Said "Hispanics Should Assimilate" on Meet the Press
- Fire Tom Brokaw, Who on Meet the Press Said Hispanics Should Assimilate
- Stan Lee, Marvel's comic book giant, dies at 95
- Analysis: China plays hardball with ex-diplomat's seizure
- Africities 8 Summit – Marrakech, November 20-24, 2018: The Highlights
- Did the Miami Herald change political reporting? ‘The Front Runner’ says so.
- A ‘modern-day book-burning crusade’ alleged in Colorado
- Knoxville News Sentinel's Jack McElroy retires after 17 years as top editor
- Family attorney says Marvel giant Stan Lee, the architect of the contemporary comic book, has died at age 95
- Here’s a roll call of celebrities, politicians and influential people who died in 2018
Sai Gon Giai Phong Newspaper scoops 8 prizes at HCMC Press Awards 2021 have 361 words, post on sggpnews.org.vn at June 12, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.