BÌNH PHƯỚC – A memorial complex to commemorate Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen’s journey to rescue his country from the genocidal Pol Pot regime was inaugurated yesterday in the southern province of Bình Phước.
Cambodian Deputy PM and Minister of Defence Tea Banh and Vietnamese Minister of Defence Phan Văn Giang attended the event with delegations from both countries.
According to the Chairman of Bình Phước People’s Committee Trần Tuệ Hiền, the complex will commemorate important events and landmarks where PM Hun Sen first met Vietnamese militia and people in 1977 and with their help started a campaign to overthrow the genocidal regime of Pol Pot, saving millions of Cambodian lives.
Construction of the complex started in May this year. Roads and other infrastructure leading to the complex also received an upgrade, which will boost trade and transportation on both sides of the border.
The complex, which includes an exhibition centre on PM Hun Sen’s campaign, will serve as a symbol of Việt Nam-Cambodia friendship and a monument to sacrifices made by both countries in the fight against Pol Pot’s regime to save the people of Cambodia. – VNS
- Full text of Xi Jinping's report at 19th CPC National Congress
- A conversation on COVID-19 vaccine that ought to happen between PM Modi and his Principal Scientific Advisor
- Berlin's Holocaust memorial Nazi villa gets new director
- Stretched funding, 2016 flood memories make perfect storm for mental health crisis, experts say
- How YOU made Britain proud: More than 40million items of vital PPE for hospitals, care homes and charities, and £11.7m donated by generous readers and benefactors... Now PM and NHS chief lead praise for 'historic' Mail Force campaign
- Britain will send in gunboats over Brexit: Four Royal Navy vessels will guard UK fishing waters against French trawlers if there is No Deal - as Macron refuses to give up 'his share of the cake' but PM says lack of red tape will be 'wonderful'
- VIETNAM NEWS DECEMBER 3
- VIETNAM NEWS DECEMBER 8
- NA kicks off cabinet hearing
- VIETNAM NEWS DECEMBER 4
- 50 best documentaries on Netflix to watch right now
- Annapurna Devi and her music of silence
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 4
- The 100 best series to watch on Amazon Prime
- How Can A Tenured Professor Become A Homeless Ward Of The State In Just A Few Days?
- Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai's Divya Bhatnagar passes away
- Disney+ Programming: Here’s What Was Announced Or Confirmed For Streamer During Disney Investor Day
- The 12 Best Episodes Of TV In 2020
- We highlight the amazing charities who shared The Sun’s £1m Birthday Fund
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 6
Memorial complex dedicated to Cambodian PM's national salvation journey opens have 462 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at June 20, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.