In an interview with the Vietnam News Agency (VNA), Long said the pandemic has been basically controlled in almost all localities. However, the northern provinces of Bac Ninh and Bac Giang should work harder to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Noting that the COVID-19 situation in Bac Giang is developing complicatedly as infections are mostly workers in industrial parks, he lauded the province's efforts in COVID-19 testing with more than 200,000 samples tested.
Meanwhile, its neighboring province of Bac Ninh is facing a high risk, the minister said, expressing his hope that with current effective measures, Bac Ninh will well control the situation soon.
Explaining the reason why a massive social distancing has not been applied despite a rise in the number of COVID-19 infections, Long said that the policy will be applied with reasonable scales and methods to ensure the prevention of the pandemic from spreading and avoid affecting socio-economic activities of the localities and people's lives.
It is the responsibility of local administrations to evaluate the pandemic situation in their localities to make a proper decision, he stressed.
Underscoring the significance of COVID-19 testing, Long said that this time, testing on a large scale is being carried out using more kinds of bio products for faster results.
The Ministry of Health encourages domestic producers of biological products to continue increasing their production, while boosting imports to ensure enough supply for testing, he said.
The minister affirmed that the approach to and methods of conducting COVID-19 testing have been changed to improve the capacity in the field for better pandemic prevention and control.
- Airport Authority of India issues guidelines for domestic air travel, ministry says not final
- Prime Minister gives Cabinet directions from Chequers in attempt to get a grip on the coronavirus crisis – and could be back in Downing St next week - after criticism over lack of PPE and growing calls for a clear exit from lockdown
- Boris Johnson accuses Keir Starmer of being 'negative' as the Labour leader savages the Prime Minister at PMQs over the decision to STOP coronavirus testing for a ten-week period earlier this year
- Contact tracing fiasco deepens as minister admits NHS Covid-19 app won't be up-and-running for 'a few weeks', security experts warn software could be hacked and workers hired to curb spread have 'never been so bored' and told to watch YOUTUBE videos
- Britain announces 118 coronavirus deaths - a 30% drop since last Sunday - taking total to 36,793 as Boris prepares to decide if lockdown should be eased further
- Cambodia eases ban on sports activities
- FUTURE SHOCK: 25 job & career trends post COVID-19
- Will YOU send your child to school on June 1? Families reveal the tough decisions they'll make - including a mum keeping her kids home 'until there's a vaccine' and another who insists she can no longer juggle lessons and work
- Hope for summer holidays as Greece becomes first country to offer to waive 14-day quarantine for British tourists and travel firms say they still hope to run holidays from mid-June as minister says UK campsites could REOPEN later in the summer
- 'I can't give you a date': Education Secretary Gavin Williamson dodges calls to spell out coronavirus 'exit strategy' despite claims ministers want schools to reopen after May 11 in 'traffic light' system to stop lockdown destroying economy
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia May 23
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia May 26
- Coronavirus | Recoveries outnumber active patients in Odisha
- States to chalk out zones, allow activities barring few prohibited nationwide: Centre
- Long wait and hope mark rail journeys of migrants to home
- The Latest: S.Korea: Rules stay relaxed despite virus spike
- Coronavirus death count rises by only 170 today - the lowest since March 24 when lockdown began as total number killed by virus in UK reaches 34,636
- Pizzas and haircuts back on the menu, but with warnings
- Coronavirus live updates: Federal Reserve chairman says economy could rebound this year, without a second wave of virus
- US, European Leaders Weigh Reopening Risks Without a Vaccine
Localities authorized to decide on social distancing: Minister have 655 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at July 24, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.