Euro 2020: Southgate confident transfer saga won’t distract Kane
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Jose Mourinho has offered his former striker Harry Kane advice ahead of the biggest decision of his career. The England captain is set to seriously consider his future after Euro 2020 and has already made it clear he may leave Tottenham.
Kane has been left frustrated by the club’s failure to compete for major trophies, despite reaching the Carabao Cup final this season.
Tottenham’s season ended in disappointing fashion despite a 4-2 win at Leicester on the final day of the campaign, as they finished 7th in the Premier League.
And Kane has ambitions to win both the Premier League and Champions League before he retires.
He would have a good chance of doing that at the likes of Manchester City, Manchester United and Chelsea as he weighs up a potential move away from Spurs.
Jose Mourinho thinks Harry Kane should stay in the Premier League (Image: GETTY)
Now his former manager Mourinho has advised him to do whatever makes him happy.
In an interview with James Corden for The Sun , he said: “I think he has to play where he is happy. And I think he is happy in England. He is a very Premier League guy.”
Mourinho also paid tribute to Kane’s partnership with Son Heung-min before adding that the 27-year-old deserves to win medals.
When asked by Corden about comparisons between Kane and his former players Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Cristiano Ronaldo, he added: “Yes but when I work with these guys they were winning titles. It is about legacy. Legacy is about medals.
“But who knows? In five weeks Harry could be a European champion.”
DON’T MISS Tottenham recruitment team devise two-man Harry Kane replacement shortlist Chelsea chief Marina Granovskaia targets Atletico Madrid star as new N’Golo Kante partner Man Utd ‘edge closer to Jadon Sancho transfer agreement’ after Dortmund back down
Manchester City are believed to be the favourites for Kane, despite never paying over £100million for one player.
The Premier League champions are in the market for a striker after Sergio Aguero joined Barcelona on a free transfer.
Kane’s preference is believed to be City if he leaves Spurs, despite the interest from United and Chelsea.
He recently named Kevin De Bruyne as the player he would like to play with most in world football.
That could become a reality this summer permitting City are able to satisfy the demands of Daniel Levy.
Jose Mourinho believes Harry Kane deserves to win trophies (Image: GETTY)
Tottenham do not want to sell at any cost but if Kane asks to leave, a deal could be done at the right price.
Kane was left shocked at the sacking of Mourinho back in April and revealed he had a good relationship with the former Spurs boss despite tensions in the dressing room.
"I was surprised, I'll be totally honest," Kane told Sky Sports. "I came in that morning and probably found out five to 10 minutes before it was announced.
"I had a great relationship with Jose, I wish him all the best for whatever his next job is, but he knows as we know football can be cut-throat and we just have to look forward.”
- Man Utd great Scholes brands his own son a ‘b****’ in hilarious online row over getting beers in
- 9pm transfer news LIVE: Bale China move CANCELLED, Man Utd handed Dybala demands, Villa eye £10m Heaton
- Man Utd transfer target Erling Haaland scores FIFTH hat-trick of season for Red Bull Salzburg with 27 goals in 18 games
- Pogba has ‘big part’ to play at Man Utd – Solskjaer
- Man Utd eye up £45million transfer bid for West Ham star Issa Diop as Solskjaer looks to resolve hole in defence
- Man Utd ace Matic helps name football pitch after favourite boss Jose Mourinho leaving ex-Chelsea manager ‘delighted’
- David Moyes reckons Man City would beat team made up of Premier League’s best players… but do Salah, Aubameyang and Co have a chance?
- Why Man Utd need £60m Aaron Wan-Bissaka to compete with City and Liverpool who have proved marauding fullbacks are key to success
- Man Utd transfer blow as Juventus demand £10million for Mario Mandzukic despite ‘concrete’ Red Devils offer
- West Ham demand Man Utd striker Anthony Martial as part of transfer deal for Issa Diop
- Man Utd on transfer alert as Danny Rose admits he could leave Spurs as Solskjaer eyes new left-back
- 12pm Man Utd news LIVE: Klopp could have managed United, Pogba return close, Zaha £70m transfer bid
- 7am Man Utd news LIVE: Greenwood scores in Partizan victory, McTominay injured, Rangnick LATEST, Rodriguez linked
- Zinedine Zidane’s job ‘in jeopardy’ with Jose Mourinho favourite to become next Real Madrid manager
- 11pm Man Utd news LIVE: Eriksen £50m bid, Pogba to Juventus back on, Herrera blasts Woodward
- England heroes including Harry Kane donate entire World Cup match fees to charity
- Man Utd must spend £1BILLION to compete with Liverpool and City, claims Chris Sutton – as Harry Redknapp calls them worst ever
- 2pm Man Utd news LIVE: James Rodriguez wanted at Tottenham and Wolves, McTominay available, and Rangnick LATEST
- 6.45pm Man Utd news LIVE: Pogba and Solskjaer relationship ‘poor’, Eriksen £50m bid, Brighton build-up
- 9am Man Utd news LIVE: Eriksen £50m bid, Pogba to Juventus back on, and Herrera blasts Woodward
Jose Mourinho offers Harry Kane transfer advice amid Man Utd and Man City links have 1001 words, post on www.express.co.uk at June 9, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.