Infectiologist explains possibility of Covid-19 illness after full vaccination
However, according to the infectious disease specialist, vaccination is of great important strategy in the fight against coronavirus pandemic.
According to Professor Hien, the Hospital for Tropical Diseases is the southern metropolis’s frontline facility in the Covid-19 fight. Moreover, this will be the medical facility for Covid-19 in the city, which means that the hospital will admit more Covid-19 patients.
A protective effect seen in AstraZeneca recipients reaches 61 percent effectiveness after 28 days. This is a survey conducted by RT-PCR on 159,930 adults aged 70 years and over in the UK between December 2020 and February 2021 when the B1.1.7 strain was emerging.
Citing the conclusion of the document published in The Lancet, an independent, international weekly general medical journal, on December 8, 2020, Prof. Hien said that the Oxford/AstraZeneca Covid vaccine is safe and effective, giving good protection.
According to Professor Hien, the Hospital for Tropical Diseases needs to minimize the spread to health care workers' relatives, friends and especially to patients in the hospital. The power of vaccines is undeniable as vaccination has been reducing infection cases in the US, the UK, Israel and the only way to get out of the pandemic is to get a good quality vaccine as much as possible.
Vaccination helps patients infected with Covid-19 not become serious or succumb to the disease. Moreover, vaccination helps keep the rate of infected people without symptoms at 50 percent- 60 percent. Therefore, vaccination is a key to reach herd immunity.
By Thanh An – Translated by Anh Quan
- 'It's Extremely Exciting': Dr. Siegel Explains Possible New Cancer Cure
- Daily Checkup: Flu can hit one in five; you can fight chance of illness by getting your shot
- Flu season nearing peak as death toll climbs; Texas reports 19 dead from illness
- Do you need to be vaccinated? Quite possibly
- More than 2,000 PSD students opt out of vaccinations
- Possible influenza outbreak in Delaware prison
- Health officials urge everyone to get vaccinated against flu
- Fact check: Rand Paul repeats baseless vaccine claims
- Thou shall not vaccinate? Religious exemptions growing
- Judge Napolitano Sounds Off on Vaccination Debate
- The Daily Checkup: Hurricane Sandy heightens threat of respiratory illness in children
- The Daily Checkup: Keep the flu at bay with a vaccination and caution on germs
- Measles outbreak casts spotlight on anti-vaccine movement
- Scientists are closer to a universal flu vaccine
- Wisconsin sisters say HPV vaccine caused ovaries to stop producing eggs
- Oral cancers from HPV such as Michael Douglas’ are 'epidemic' among men, but preventable through HPV vaccine: experts
- Readers sound off on 9/11 Museum, vaccination and school discipline
- Pols slam Chris Christie's stance that parents need 'some measure of choice' in vaccinating children
- HPV vaccination for boys recommended by CDC; Health experts believe rates will fall if boys and girls receive vaccine
- Disney Theme Parks Linked to 19 Measles Cases
Infectiologist explains possibility of Covid-19 illness after full vaccination have 451 words, post on sggpnews.org.vn at June 13, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.