Jakarta (VNA) – Bank Indonesia (BI) is planning to launch a digital rupiah currency amid the accelerated digitalisation in the world.
BI announced the information on its Instagram on May 30. Accordingly, BI will issue the Rupiah Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) to meet the country's economic objectives.
The central bank has carried out numerous studies to assess the potential and benefits of this new digital currency. The studies looked into the design and technology related to digital currencies and measures to minimise risks during the circulation of this currency.
The digital rupiah currency is the first of its kind in Indonesia. BI has to date recognised rupiah as the only currency used in card-based transactions and cash payments./.
- WhatsApp launches digital payment system in Brazil
- WhatsApp picks Brazil to launch digital payments
- Microsoft launches digital skills initiative to help those hit by the COVID-19 economy
- Indonesia central bank pledges liquidity support, cautions on rate cut as economy slows
- UPDATE 1-Indonesia c.bank pledges liquidity support, cautions on rate cut as economy slows
- Microsoft’s digital skills programme in line with plans to open a new campus in Uttar Pradesh
- Microsoft closes its stores, Wimbledon remastered | Digital Trends Live
- EMERGING MARKETS-Indonesia's rupiah in tight range as investors brace for rate cut
- EMERGING MARKETS-Indonesia' rupiah firms as central bank sticks to expectations
- RPT-EMERGING MARKETS-Indonesia's rupiah in tight range as investors brace for rate cut
- Indonesia makes year's third rate cut, signals more easing to fight pandemic
- EMERGING MARKETS-Bets of more rate cuts dent Indonesia's rupiah
- EMERGING MARKETS-Rupiah stumbles, Indian rupee soars; stocks track weekly gains
- Indonesia unveils $40 billion bond scheme to fund recovery from pandemic
- UPDATE 1-Indonesia c.bank holds fire on rates, vows to keep liquidity loose
- Google Indonesia to impose 10 percent VAT on customers
- UPDATE 1-Indonesia stock exchange tightens circuit breakers for major index falls
- Indonesia’s central bank ready to finance more fiscal deficit for COVID-19 fight
- Indonesia to offer 62.3 billion USD in bonds in H2 to finance coronavirus fight
- Today’s cache | Facebook’s new digital wallet, and more
Indonesia plans to launch digital rupiah currency have 345 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at June 1, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.