Speaking at a conference on June 15, BIN Spokesperson Wawan Hari Purwanto said that COVID-19 pandemic has threatened the safety of a larger community, worsening economic crisis, affecting healthcare and education facilities and increasing unemployment.
Meanwhile, secessionist activities in Papua are one of the factors leading to a risk of national disintegration, he said.
Purwanto also mentioned social network scams, especially those related to ethnic, religious and race issues. He underlined that the spreading of news related to sensitive issues on social networks will pose widespread impacts.
Cyber attack was also named as one of the national threats of Indonesia. According to Purwanto, Indonesia n people's knowledge of cybersecurity should be improved. Cyber attacks may hinder the digitalisation process of the economy and caused public pessimism about the industry 4.0 programme that has been optimised by the government.
Purwanto affirmed that BIN, as the frontline force of the national security system, will continue to work for the early detection and early prevention of national security threats./.
- Huawei 5G Hardware as a National Security Risk, Explained
- Huawei MOCKS Australia's ban on using its 5G network: Chilling warning that using a rival company will weaken our national security because none of them can keep up with Beijing
- A President who threatens national security
- Feds label Big Data ‘security threat,’ expand data programs anyway
- Canada 'Insulted' by the US Viewing It as Threat to National Security - Trudeau
- Internet Shutdowns: 'Nothing to Do With National Security, Always Political'
- Senators call for federal investigation into TikTok for potential national security risks
- Trump Wants to Block Visas for Immigrants' Extended Family Members Because National Security Will Be in Danger
- End Psychology's Role in National Security Interrogations
- 5 Unstoppable Drone Security Threats You Should Be Aware Of
- These are the top security threats we could see in 2020
- Singapore sees drop in common security threats, but foresees more data breaches
- Trump calls Dems 'Liars!' for deeming him security threat – and then pausing impeachment
- Nigeria 3rd most terrorised nation — Security expert
- A leap for national security
- Jeremy Corbyn May Jeopardise UK National Security if 'Handed Keys to No 10', Ex-MI6 Chief Warns
- Russian military capable of ensuring national security: Putin
- WH national security adviser on North Korean 'Christmas gift': 'We'll have to wait and see'
- Trump to Withdraw Troops From Syria Once 'ISIS Is Gone,' National Security Adviser John Bolton Says
- Boris Johnson warns voters Jeremy Corbyn is a national security risk who will bow down to Britain’s enemies
Indonesia defines national security threats have 423 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at June 16, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.