The HCMC’s lockdown is imposed on residential areas No. 2, 3 and 4 of An Lac Ward, Binh Tan District.
The decision was made by HCMC Vice Chairman Duong Anh Duc on Saturday afternoon after the area recorded 127 domestic infections. The ward hosts the Ehome residential building on Ho Hoc Lam Street, the current biggest outbreak in the district with at least 69 infections.
The lockdown would affect the operations of 306 enterprises and four state-run administrative centers, local authorities said.
District authorities will deploy 22 checkpoints along roads and alleys in and out of the blocked areas. Convenience stores in the blockade are still allowed to operate to provide essential goods to residents.
However, vehicles entering and leaving the locked down areas are only allowed to carry goods and must be disinfected.
Binh Tan District now has the city’s highest number of infections with 193 community transmissions. A company of 791 employees at Tan Tao Industrial Park in the district has recorded at least 26 infections.
HCMC’s neighbor Binh Duong Province has imposed a 21-day lockdown starting Sunday on Tan Phuoc Khanh Ward in Tan Uyen Town, after the ward, home to around 50,000 people, recorded 38 infections.
All non-essential activities will be suspended. Businesses are only allowed to open for sale of necessities. People are requested to stay at home and only go out when it’s really necessary, according to the lockdown decision.
- Plan to open quarantine facility in residential area opposed
- 'Bury COVID-19 victims away from residential areas'
- HCMC allocates nearly US$150 million for 13 traffic projects
- Coronavirus news from the Bay Area: April 29-30
- Coronavirus in the Bay Area: The key events unfolding April 29-30
- Bay Area counties extend coronavirus stay-at-home orders to end of May
- Bay Area parks brace for another month of perilous popularity — “We’re the only game in town.”
- Coronavirus updates: Bay Area counties report more cases
- Nearly 100 coronavirus cases at Bay Area nursing home outbreak in Vallejo
- Bay Area has 6 criteria for loosening coronavirus restrictions. Here’s where each county is now
- HCMC puts apartment building under lockdown over fears of Covid-19 spread
- Coronavirus live updates: Bay Area sees slide in cases requiring hospital care
- Coronavirus live updates: Bay Area hospitalizations plunge to lowest number in more than a month
- Italy's death toll nears 400 as number of infected rises to 7,375 (the most outside China) and PM puts 16 MILLION citizens on lock down and threatens them with a fine or JAIL if they leave quarantine zones
- HCMC’s condo building lockdown lifted
- Coronavirus news from the Bay Area: April 25
- Coronavirus news from the Bay Area: May 1
- Concerns raised as Covid-19 cases surge along Irish border
- Flights carrying Vietnamese home to HCMC airport suspended
- Coronavirus Roundup: Tony Bennett Singalong; Do Antibodies Protect Against Re-Infection; ‘Liquid Gold’ Convalescent Plasma Transfusion
HCMC to lock down three residential areas as infections surge have 444 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at June 19, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.