HCMC rolls out large-scale vaccination campaign today
By Minh Duy
|A worker of FPT Software at Saigon Hi-Tech Park in Thu Duc City gets a shot of Covid-19 vaccine – PHOTO: D.T|
HCMC – HCMC this morning, June 19, started a large-scale Covid-19 vaccination campaign at Saigon Hi-tech Park in Thu Duc City, with some 1,000 doses to be administered to workers at FPT Software and Nipro2 today.
Speaking at the vaccination kickoff ceremony, Deputy Prime Minister Truong Hoa Binh said that HCMC is a key city in Vietnam, playing an important economic and political role in the country.
However, the city is currently one of the largest coronavirus hotspots in the latest wave of Covid-19, so as soon as receiving some one million doses from Japan, the national steering committee for Covid-19 infection prevention and control decided to allocate 836,000 doses to the city, he added.
Deputy PM Binh said that as these doses only met part of the city's need, they would be given to the priority groups in line with the Government's Resolution 21 and those at high risk of infection, including employees at the export processing zones or industrial parks.
|Employees stand in line for Covid-19 vaccination – PHOTO: TUYET HOANG|
The deputy prime minister also called on residents to continue following Covid-19 safety protocols, saying that despite getting vaccinated, competent forces and residents should continue to be watchful.
The HCMC Center for Disease Control said that during this inoculation campaign, which is set to end on June 27, the city has as many as 836,000 doses of Covid-19 vaccine, with 50,000 doses for police officers and soldiers.
|A medical worker introduce the vaccine to a worker before he gets a shot – PHOTO: TUYET HOANG|
As planned, the city will focus the vaccination on the groups at high risk of Covid-19 infection and those working at key agencies, targeting to inoculate 95% of them.
Besides, the city is planning to vaccinate all teachers and employees active in the education sector. The HCMC Department of Education and Training this morning made a list of teachers and staff in the sector for the vaccination.
|A male worker gets vaccinated against Covid-19 – PHOTO: TUYET HOANG|
The city will run a number of vaccination sites at healthcare centers and many other mobile stations, said the municipal center.
As many as 650 teams from eligible health units, including the Southern Military Center for Preventive Medicine, the Army Medical Department, State-run hospitals and private hospitals among others, have been set up to serve the large-scale vaccination campaign.
|A medical worker draws a dose from a vial of Covid-19 vaccine – PHOTO: D.T|
As of this afternoon, HCMC had reported 1,450 locally-infected Covid-19 cases during the current fourth wave of the coronavirus, which began on April 27.
- The Hill's Coronavirus Report: Dr. Tom Inglesby says society will have to learn to live with virus until vaccine emerges; Good news on vaccine trial propels stocks
- Pharmaceutical giant AstraZeneca has capacity to make ONE BILLION doses of Oxford University's experimental COVID-19 vaccine amid hopes it could be ready for September
- UK researchers start recruiting over 10,000 volunteers for next phase of clinical trials that could unlock coronavirus vaccine this year
- With big talk and hurled insults, the gloves come off in the race for the coronavirus vaccine
- Half of Kiwis say they would NOT take a coronavirus vaccine if it was available amid a worrying tide of anti-vaxxers on both sides of the Tasman
- US orders 300 MILLION doses of Oxford University's potential coronavirus vaccine after investing $1bn with AstraZeneca in its development
- Drugs firm ready to deliver Oxford Uni coronavirus vaccine from September – pledging 1bn doses
- What to expect when a coronavirus vaccine finally arrives
- Matt Hancock hints coronavirus immunisations could be made COMPULSORY if UK finds a vaccine
- Coronavirus stokes $200 billion stock market bubble in vaccines
- 'It can prevent pneumonia': Oxford professor running coronavirus vaccine trial comes out in its defence after all of the monkeys given the treatment catch the disease
- Imperial College expert warns a coronavirus vaccine is unlikely to be ready this year and urges people not to have 'false expectations' after ministers say they are hoping to have 30 million doses ready by September
- Report: Over 80 Million Children at Risk as Coronavirus Disrupts Vaccination Schedules
- Government announces £130 million plan to manufacture Oxford coronavirus vaccine the moment it's proved to work, so the country can have 30 million doses ready by September and be the first in the world to get it
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Facebook - Americans venture out as officials pin future on vaccine
- Indian Covid-19 vaccine development to be backed by PM-CARES Fund
- Esper doubles down on coronavirus vaccine this year: 'We will deliver'
- Beware This COVID-19 Vaccine ‘Study’ From an 80s Teen Tech Titan and a Carnivorous Plant Smuggler
- Coronavirus death count rises by only 170 today - the lowest since March 24 when lockdown began as total number killed by virus in UK reaches 34,636
- WHO, Other Groups Say COVID-19 Restrictions Put Vaccine Programs at Risk
HCMC rolls out large-scale vaccination campaign today have 811 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at June 19, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.