HCM CITY — HCM City on June 19 began the fourth phase of its COVID vaccination drive at the Saigon High-tech Park in Thủ Đức City.
It is being carried out at 1,000 sites until July 5.
Workers at industrial parks and export processing zones are prioritised to ensure the smooth operation of supply chains, Deputy Minister of Health Nguyễn Trường Sơn said.
A representative of the Thủ Đức City Medical Centre said 400-500 workers at the Saigon High-tech Park would be vaccinated on the first day.
A total of 836,000 AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine doses out of the nearly one million doses donated by the Japanese Government to Việt Nam are being used.
The city has deployed 1,032 medical teams with at least three medical workers each for the campaign.
Children to get COVID treatment at 2 more hospitals
The HCM City Department of Health on June 18 ordered the Children Hospital and the Children Hospital No.2 to admit child COVID-19 patients.
Trưng Vương COVID-19 Treatment Hospital and Củ Chi COVID-19 Treatment Hospital were already accepting patients.
The city has recorded more than 1,000 cases in the fourth COVID-19 wave that began almost two months ago, forcing health authorities to add more hospitals for treatment.
The hospitals have been instructed to carefully explain the risk of infection to parents and caregivers to prevent infection during their stay.
Parents and caregivers will be tested before entering quarantined areas with their children.
The Children Hospital No.2 on June 18 said it had set up a COVID treatment unit with 60 beds and an intensive care unit with 10 beds in a quarantined area with a separate entrance.
The hospital's operations are otherwise normal with registration for other patients taking place as usual. —VNS
- Pets the latest addition to HCM City coffee shops
- HCM City seeks to reduce road accidents, deaths by 10 per cent this year
- HCM City, provinces work together to ensure supply of goods at stable prices
- New housing policy for low-, mid-income households needed in HCM City
- No place for black credit in HCM City
- HCM City to offer special tours during Tet
- Alcohol tests for HCM City bus drivers
- This year's Techcombank HCM City International Marathon to attract 16,000 runners
- HCM City banks to ensure ATMs cope with extra demand during Tết
- Industrial sector faces development challenges in HCM City
- HCM City agencies investigating overcharging foreign tourist
- Classical ballet Giselle to be staged in HCM City
- Lawrence S.Ting charity walk to open in HCM City
- Tet preparations underway for gardeners in HCM City’s flower village
- HCM City companies ensure supply of goods for Tet
- HCM City aims to reduce road accidents, deaths by 10 percent
- HCM City braces for Tet gridlock around airport
- HCM City traditional markets ready for Tet season
- Over 8,000 runners to take part in HCM City Marathon 2019
- Auckland's port move: New Year brings new approach to city's biggest question
HCM City begins the biggest vaccination drive have 573 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at June 19, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.