HÀ NỘI — Hà Nội health authorities on Thursday said arrivals from HCM City would undergo COVID-19 screening tests for 4-5 days due to the severity of the outbreak in the southern city.
Hà Nội Centre for Disease Control, in co-ordination with the medical centre of Sóc Sơn District (where Nội Bài International Airport is based), will randomly take samples from a total of 400 passengers on flights from Tân Sơn Nhất International Airport landing in Hà Nội to be tested using the rapid diagnostic method.
The selected passengers would need to remain at Nội Bài airport for 20 minutes for the test results to be returned.
If the results return positive, they would need to be tested for COVID-19 using the confirmatory RT-PCR method and be moved to an isolation ward in Nội Bài to await the final results.
Hà Nội CDC said it started by randomly testing 97 passengers on two flights from HCM City, and all returned negative results.
The screening period will run for 4-5 days.
HCM City since late May has recorded 1,100 locally acquired COVID-19 infections, making it the third biggest hotspot in the country during the fourth wave, following Bắc Giang and Bắc Ninh provinces in the north.
Hà Nội’s COVID-19 situation seems to have calmed, with only one or two cases logged in the past few days. — VNS
- Ha Noi to launch COVID-19 PCR test for 50,000 people returning from Da Nang
- Hanoi faces Covid-19 testing materials shortage
- Rapid tests ramp up Mysuru’s COVID-19 testing volume
- Three COVID-19 tests within a week of arrival in the UAE
- Da Nang provides COVID-19 tests for 760 stranded tourists
- Nha Trang Pasteur Institute continues receiving Covid-19 test samples
- Returnees from Da Nang can go to work after quarantine without COVID-19 testing: HCDC
- Da Nang speeds up mass Covid-19 testing of high-risk community
- Da Nang moves to speed up COVID-19 testing
- Trump's Covid-19 testing czar says the government is doing all it can on tests. That's not what the experts say.
- COVID-19 tests fall by 50% in city
- Telangana to ramp up Covid-19 testing to 40,000 samples per day, says KTR
- Cuomo: New York breaks one-day COVID-19 testing record
- Shoaib Malik to leave for England on Aug 15 if he clears two Covid-19 tests
- Despite increase in cases, covid-19 testing misses its target in Punjab
- Mohali gets two Covid-19 testing laboratories
- China sends Covid-19 testing team to Hong Kong, prompting surveillance fears
- Race against clock at Da Nang COVID-19 test lab
- NHL announces zero positive COVID-19 tests during first week in bubbles
- A.P. conducts COVID-19 tests extensively, particularly in containment clusters, says CM
Hà Nội carrying out random COVID-19 testing of arrivals from HCM City have 459 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at June 17, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.