Former top cop charged for involvement in Vu Nhom's bribery
The Saigon Times
|Phan Van Anh Vu alias Vu Nhom is seen in a courtroom. Nguyen Duy Linh, former deputy head of the ministry's General Department of Intelligence, has been charged for his alleged involvement in Vu's bribery – PHOTO: TNO|
HCMC – Ministry of Public Security investigators have filed charges against Nguyen Duy Linh, former deputy head of the ministry's General Department of Intelligence, for his alleged involvement in the bribery of Phan Van Anh Vu, alias Vu Nhom, who is now in prison on multiple charges.
In June 2017, the ministry investigated a case in which State secrets were disclosed as well as violations in the trade and transfer of public houses and land lots in Danang City and some other localities, the local media reported.
Vu was worried that his violations would be detected, so he asked Ho Huu Hoa, a resident of Nghe An Province, to contact Linh to ask for help and gather information about the investigation.
According to investigators, Vu asked his driver to give VND5 billion and gifts to Hoa so that he would give them to Linh. Vu also directly gave US$500,000 to Linh through Hoa but Hoa refused to receive the money.
Vu later refused these declarations, saying he presented Linh with cigars and Lingzhi mushrooms.
Linh initially denied any relationship with Vu. However, he later admitted he had spoken with Vu on the phone and directed his secretary to take Vu's gifts, including alcohol and cigars.
In this case, Vu had been charged with allegedly giving bribes and Hoa had been prosecuted for allegedly mediating the bribery.
- Santhana released on Bt15,000 over obstruction charges, threatens to revive bribery case
- Judge’s decision in bribery trial opens door on larger probe
- Defendants reject plea offers in Corp Comm bribery case
- Crucial email not protected by marriage privilege, judge rules in bribery case
- Supreme Court upholds verdict in trailblazing private sector bribery case
- Two cops, one man booked on drug trafficking charges
- 1MDB controversy: Legal eagles hired by parties involved
- Recognizing the finest: Cops in rampage-mom standoff honored for bravery
- Complex trail led to charges in Westbrook overdose death
- FAMILY AND ATTORNEYS OF TONY GREEN HOLD PRESS CONFERENCE IN RESPONSE TO THE ARREST OF COP ZECHARIAH PRESLEY
- Cop jailed for molesting subordinates
- Prosecution seeks 32-month jail term for cop who molested NSFs
- Bribery charges against Ciminelli, Laipple dropped in Buffalo Billion case
- Ex-Staten Island cop caught in corruption probe avoids prison
- Police geeks trying to win over old-school cops
- Bribery trial involving Johnson Utilities, Corporation Commission in jurors' hands
- Rwanda: Man Arrested for Attempted Bribery in Effort to Thwart Exhumation of Genocide Victims
- Water taps dry, sewers overflow as Johnson Utilities owner faces bribery trial
- Dean Reynolds convicted of all bribery, conspiracy charges
- Honour killing: 2 cops arrested on bribery charge
Former top cop charged for involvement in Vu Nhom’s bribery have 467 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at June 16, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.